“One nighti in Birmingham for a concert”

Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Big car park, friendly staff, room a bit small but well equipped and spotlessly clean. Shower a bit slow and the bathroom door had frosted glass in it, I haven’t seen that in a hotel for a very long time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Bridget W, Assistant Manager at Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased that you enjoyed and the team were friendly during your stay. I will be passing your comments on to the team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to the Hallmark Birmingham Strathallan. Warm Regards, Bridget & The Hallmark Birmingham Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Stayed here 12/11/2017 for 1 night (theatre break). Well what a disappointment. I know I only booked a standard double room, but I didn’t expect to be given a shoe box! We are senior citizens and our first impression - looked like a padded cell. If anyone has stayed in these rooms you would know what I mean. The double bed was up against a wall into a corner, so if you wanted to go to the toilet in the middle the night you had to clamber over (in this case my husband) to get out. If you sat on the edge of the bed to tie your shoe laces up, you ran the risk of knocking yourself out on the dressing table. We are not big people and we found it a struggle. This is no exaggeration, even as a single room it would be rated as small. Also, although there was a good selection for breakfast, the cooked breakfast was spoilt by being luke warm. The location was good, the bus stops right outside the hotel making it easy to get to Broad Street, and that’s about the best feature.

Room Tip: Research exactly what type of room it is
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Bridget W, Assistant Manager at Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry the room you booked was too small, we do try our best to be as descriptive as possible on all websites, with images, dimensions and descriptions, as we do offer 3 different types of double rooms. I do hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hallmark Birmingham Strathallan. Kind Regards Bridget

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Receptionist was very friendly on arrival apart from that the rest of my stay was a nightmare! Room was tiny and cold. Bathroom was dated and walls dirty. Walls were paper thin and I was kept awake by the people in the next room arguing til 4 in the morning! Not the fault of the hotel but says something about the type of clientele! Situated on a main road so you can hear all the traffic including police and ambulance sirens all night. If your just staying after a night out then this wouldn't bother you but I was there on business and needed a good night's sleep so it couldn't have been any worse for me!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness of your room, this is not the standard we accept and I will raise the issue with my Housekeeping team. We do ask for all our guests to be respectful of other guests when they are staying at the Hotel, I am sorry that some guests were not on this occasion. Kind Regards Bridget

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Respectful and attentive staff
Pleasant ambience in public areas
Some bedrooms are small, but adequate for one person or one night.
Good alternative lighting in bedrooms
Adequate bathroom with bath and shower

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. With warm regards, Bridget and Team Hallmark Birmingham

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, city double room is small, nicely refurbished but bathroom area not. Was clean and tidy and adequate for our stay. Doors and walls thin and noisy, can hear a lot from corridors.
Breakfast ok, not massive choice but on. Nice coffee from machine.
Staff ok, some friendlier and helpful than others. Bus stop to city centre right outside, very frequent buses up until early hours. Free parking, place registration number into keypad at reception.
Not sure we would stay again as had a disruptive night on the first night and again some staff more helpful and concerned than others the morning after disruption.
Had a deal offer from hallmark for the weekend so cost was best thing about the stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. With warm regards, Bridget and Team Hallmark Birmingham