“Disappointing, gone downhill!”

Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: European, British, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We regret that The Rectory has permanently closed. We regret that The Rectory has permanently closed.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very disappointed. Staff not very attentive - at least not to us! Didn't feel welcomed. The price of food does not match the quality of the food!!! We ordered the 'fish finger sandwich with a side portion chips'. The toasted bread was very thin and was burnt on the edges! Perhaps that's why the staff never asked if our meals were ok! Will not be coming here again!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Asked for the whiskey to be swapped with gin in my smokey bramble and the guy went ahead and gave me a double shot then told me after I’d taken a swig that it cost £20, I actually couldn’t believe it that much that I asked him if he was joking. Who sells a cocktail with 4 ingredients that don’t even equate a tenner for T-W-E-N-T-Y pounds?! Never going here again and we overheard the staff gossiping about us when we discussed it between ourselves. Horrible service and ridiculous price tags.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this stunning venue on Saturday 24th March and was certainly left impressed. I shall be moving to Birmingham shortly with my partner and come down to sort a few things out and stay for the weekend to get a feel for the place. I stopped off at The Rectory on my travels for a bite to eat and was greeted by a very friendly and helpful member of staff called Darryl, he had mentioned it was his first shift but you certainly wouldn’t of thought that. He made me feel very welcome and content and provided excellent customer service. Couldn’t fault either the drink or food, will definitely be returning with my partner when we’re settled in.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for something to eat after attending escape live. So glad did. Food was amazing excellent service by our waitress Danni.

Food was amazing. My sister is gluten free and was over moon choice desert. Had food envy should have ordered sunday lunch.

By far best sticky toffee pudding in my life.

Mojito can actuaaly taste rum.

Must go. Worth going over to St Pauls square just to eat here.

1  Thank mariarP9767FS
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food. The service was great - Dani and Rosie were very courteous and efficient. One minor issues with the food was rectified very promptly.