All reviews university campus business school city centre car park single room tesco express minute walk hot drinks comfortable room business trip great room would stay again stayed here for one night tea and coffee new street station bull ring yogurt
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

5 STARS ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

I stayed here for a week while on a business trip and found the reception staff to be very welcoming and helpful. The hotel was clean and food was exquisite. I found the restaurant a nice place to relax and unwind at the end of the day and would also like to give a special thank you to Daniela who works front of house in the restaurant as she works incredibly hard and does an amazing job! She went above and beyond to help me and make my stay enjoyable. Whilst there I also made use of the leisure centre facilities on a daily basis and they were more than adequate for my stay and the gym was well equipped. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to others and look forward to further future stays here. Thanks again to all the staff for making my stay an enjoyable one, keep up the good work.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BBriggs86
Graham G, Guest Services Manager at Conference Aston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Compass34453096460

Thank you for posting your 5-Star Review of Conference Aston Hotel and I am pleased to read that you would recommend us.

Your acknowledgement of Daniela's hard work is appreciated and she is thrilled at the recognition. It's also great that you made use of the complimentary Leisure Centre facilities - although not located in the same building, the well equipped gym, renovated Victorian swimming pool along with sauna and steam room are well worth the visit.

We look forward to your return and wish you everything of the best,

Graham

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I arrived after a long train journey, The single room was VERY small - the shower felt as though it had been fitted into the space of a wardrobe and the wardrobe itself was only bug enough to take a couple of hangers.When I went down for dinner I was told that the kitchen was closed - at 7.40pm - because they had a big conference who had just gone in for dinner. I did not know any other places nearby so I was stuck there for 40 minutes until y food arrived. I did get a free bag of crisps though! The food was overcooked and served on a plastic tray - weird. Still, the bar staff did everything they could to make up for this. The bed was quite hard so I had to sleep on top of the quilt. Next day the breakfast was fantastic and the staff serving were very attentive. At dinner I was told that the restaurant menu was not available, only the bar menu. Food was better this evening. When I checked out I was told that the wait for my food on the first night was not acceptable and I was asked to give my email - I assumed for some kind of feedback but this has not arrived some days later. I also don't like their policy of taking a £50 charge against a card at the start and then releasing the rest of the funds at the end of the stay - why not just charge against the room or on a card as you go along?

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2018

We parked under the football/basketball pitch on arrival and was surprised to find a gang of youths smoking cannabis inside the exit. I must say this was very off putting. It was difficult to find the hotel with no clear signage. Check in was excellent and the reception staff very helpful. I was very surprised to be told that I had to pay a £50 deposit. I travel widely with my job and have never been asked to do this before. The single room I had booked was adequate and clean with a small ensuite with shower. There was a great selection of drinks including chamomile and mint and a packet of shortbread. Unfortunately the bed was so hard I could not sleep well and my hips and back was very painful the next day. The pillows were very thin and grubby under the pillow case. The breakfast was however excellent, with a good hot selection as well as cereal, pastries and fruit. I was a little surprised that I was not allowed a teapot for brewing chamomile tea and had to keep getting up to fill my cup with hot water! I do not like to give a poor review but the bed and pillows spoiled an otherwise good hotel. If my sleep quality had been good, I would have given five stars.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WhiteOrchid01
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel have mixed reviews when I checked so I was skeptical. Stayed here for 3 nights and it has a spacious , clean and mothern room, modern clean shower with great water flow. Breakfast included was great! There was a lot of choices, it has a continental breakfast with lots of selection of pastries, yogurt and fresh fruits, juices. Full breakfast is ham, sausage, eggs, tomToes nd mushrooms, staff are the greatest.There is a water dispenser in the corner of each floor for everyone. There is no aircondioting but the electric fan was enough. The hotel was a walking distance to New Street station if you have no big luhgage Nd close to Bullring shopping centre. The hotel bar can be very noisy at night when there is a big group for conference but we never hear any noise in the room.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mildred D
Graham G, Guest Services Manager at Conference Aston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Mildred D

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary and informative review of Conference Aston Hotel and I am pleased that you found both the breakfast and our staff to be great.

As you say, at times our bar can be quite busy but we also have spacious lounge areas suited to guests wanting to relax in a comfortable and quiet environment.

Thanks again for your review and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Graham

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I've stayed here multiple times for work reasons. I usually arrive in the late evening and park in under the football ground - This usually comes with issues. Despite previously booking/paying for parking for the whole week, they denied me access into the car park and told me to park elsewhere. When walking past the car park once i had parked about 5 minutes away, there was ample amount of spaces with CA written in them (the hotels reserved spaces for guests).

Checking in the front desk were polite and they gave me my key card etc. Going up to the room, key card didn't work. After polava of going back down and back up i was finally in the room.

Rooms are 'compact', have a relatively small desk and no real space for a suitcase to go.
Bathroom is perfectly fine and clean. Beds are very firm with no real give in the mattress.
The usual dusty lamp shades etc but you get that in most city hotels.

Room service takes a LOONG time, with the staff then get quite blunt when you call for a chase up.

Decent area as it's close to town and easy for access to uni.

Room tip: Any rooms which are on an 'Upper' floor ie. 3U or 5U are exec rooms
Date of stay: September 2018