All reviews one bedroom suite alexandra theatre lovely modern hotel floor to ceiling windows chinese quarter comfortable bed mail box higher floor early check bull ring ncp car park road noise stayed here for one night birthday treat quick check new street train station reception staff
Reviewed 14 November 2018

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
SeanRadissonblu, Reception Supervisor at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2018

Reviewed 14 November 2018

I stayed for one night which was comfortable however the room service menu states " if we have it in our fridge we can give it to you" meaning they can be flexible on their menu items... So when I requested for baked potato instead of chips...(they already have potatoes in their pantry) and they said I couldn't have them, I was quite disappointed. I also requested for the chick pea curry to be made oil free (I've had this accommodated in other hotels before) and again was told that they couldn't do it.

It could be nice if your kitchen would be a bit more flexible to customer requests; the food was otherwise nice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, I am so glad that you found the room very comfortable.

I am dismayed to hear, that you experienced an issue with regards to the flexibility of your room service order. We always strive to be as accommodating as possible with a guest's requests, and on this occasion, we were unable to meet your expectations. Although I am happy that you were happy with the food you received.

I have passed on your feedback to Room Service and to our Chef and I hope that next time you stay with us, we will meet your expectations

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely reception staff very welcoming and good breakfast after a good nite out although overpriced in my opinion.
nasty smell coming from the drain in the bathroom. Shower is over bath but water wouldnt drain away properly
Pillows too soft no support.
Lack of sockets for chargers and the usb ports not all worked
No parking at hotel you have to use ncp carpark nearby
24hrs is £30 reduced to £16 if you hand your ticket to reception.
we only found this info out by chance.
Would i stay again ??
Doubtful
Tho i have stayed in better radissons and will again just not this particular one

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sheila,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. First of all thank you for your lovely comments about the reception staff and breakfast, they are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the relevant people.

My apologies that you experienced some issues during your stay this is not reflective of our usual standards. At the Radisson we have a 24 hour team available, so if any issues were to arise, they would strive to resolve them as soon as possible.

If you do decide to stay with us again, please let me know.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Check in was a bit slow, lots of people arriving at the same time from the train. All three desks were open and the staff were going as quick as they could.

I was given a room on the 14th floor which was lovely and had a view over the main road outside. I was a bit apprehensive about traffic noise but it didn’t turn into an issue.

The room was a good size, the bed comfortable and the linens nice cotton, the pillows and quilt were good too.

I slept well and then had a lovely breakfast, fruit, yoghurt and poached eggs with avocado.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dr_Waugh

Dear Dr Waugh,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback. I am sorry that you arrived during our busy period, but am glad that found our team were dealing with this as quickly as possible.

I am happy that you found the room comfortable and the breakfast enjoyable.

I hope you enjoyed the view from the 14th floor.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Always always wanted to stay here . Got a good deal. The lady on reception was really really lovely . We put our stuff in our room then came back down to the lobby bar right by reception and waited 15 mins for someone to come and serve us .. then ordered these chicken wings for £6.50 and got 3 and a half chicken wings ! The drinks were ok.. a little disappointed . Room and staff were lovely though .
I’d eat somewhere else though ...

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jaymie10

Dear Jaymie,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback.

First of all, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and found the staff pleasant.

I am sorry to hear that you had to wait 15 mins to be served at the bar and were disappointed with the food when it arrived. This is not reflective of our usual standards, and I apologise for that.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again, when visiting Birmingham.