“Perfect Location”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Chose the hotel as we had come to Birmingham to watch Miss Saigon. Location from the Hippodrome is excellent.
No complaints about the room, spacious and clean. Lovely bathroom. Ice machine on the flor which we were on so excellent for the prosecco we brought for the room. Great View.
Used room service for food and burgers were excellent. Receptionist was very helpful with knowledge on bars to visit.
We did have the fire alarm wake us up at 8.30 in the morning.. complained to manager as there was no fire... a guest had set it off! As compensation he refunded us £50 and gave us free parking. Would definitely use again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ross L, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Lisa Rodgers,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review regarding your stay. I am so pleased to read you found your room very spacious and clean. I enjoy that you made use of our ice machines we hope it kept your prosecco nice and chilled and I hope you enjoyed. I am also pleased to read you found the location of our hotel convenient being located in the heart of Birmingham, but also that you found the room service excellent and the receptionist team where very helpful and able to give you knowledgeable information to ensure you had a great time here in Birmingham. I look forward to passing your comments onto the team. I apologise for the disturbance that was caused early hours in the morning but I'm pleased to read one of the management team resolved this issue for you and it wont deter you from visiting us again.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,368)

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We paid £60 for a Friday night which given the central location I thought great value. The hotel is very clean and the staff helpful however the hotel is extremely noisy. Not city centre noise but air con or ventilation units rattling and humming all night. Really difficult to sleep. The pillows are shockingly soft and when you rest your head they flatten to nothing. I slept for about an hour all night which is a shame as it had the makings of a really great hotel until the night!

Stayed: September 2017
Ross L, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review regarding your stay. I am delighted to read you found the location of our hotel very convenient for your stay here in Birmingham and that you found our hotel great value for money. I am also delighted to read you found the hotel very clean and staff very helpful I will look forward to passing on your comments. I do apologise that you found the air ventilation very noisy and that this caused such a disturbance to your stay as you found it very difficult to sleep. I hope you reported this to one of our staff members who could of tried to rectify this for you during your stay. This is something that I can assure you will be passed onto our chief engineer to look into. I do apologise also for the pillows that they did not suit again I hope again you mentioned something to a member of staff during your stay so our housekeeping team could of tried to accommodate you. Again I do apologise and for any inconvenience this may have caused to your trip to Birmingham.

We hope to welcome you here again soon.

King regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

You can expect the usual quality you find in Radisson Blu around the world. The location is very central, just minutes away walking distance to main train stations and also shopping areas.

Hotel offers a very decent breakfast and staff was very polite.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Ross L, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear George,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us wit a great review n your recent stay.
I am delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us and found the location near enough to the areas you visited.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The Radisson Blu Hotel in Birmingham is a modern, stylish hotel with very professional staff.
We arrived prior to check in time to see if we could leave our bags behind, as we were going to the cricket and didn't want to take them with us. No problem, the young lady at the desk checked us in early.
The room was smart and comfortable (we had a standard room) and the bathroom was clean, tidy and looked good (not tired and with poor facilities).
We paid extra for breakfast, which was worth it. We were warmly greeted and had the layout explained to us. The breakfast was a buffet affair, with either a cooked 'English breakfast', continental (cheese and hams and croissants), cereals and assorted breads for toasting. We were offered tea and coffee, but you could make a bloody mary(no vodka), or squeeze your own OJ.
The restaurant was bright and like the rest of the hotel stylish.
HOWEVER
We were put in room 510, which has the Air Con fans directly outside. This means you have a muted roar sound continuously in the background. I'd suggest that it could be the same for the rooms either side, but it was so noticeable it did put a dampener on our stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David,
Thank you for providing us with such a great review on your recent stay.
We have recently completed a full hotel refurbishment including our bedrooms and public areas so I am delighted to know our guests are enjoying our new and modern look!
I will ensure to share your comments on your breakfast experience with our Executive Chef and our Food and Drinks Manager, I know they will be pleased we helped your day off to a good start.
I am so sorry that the A/C noise disturbed you during the evening, these fans are supposed to stop at a certain point before it gets late but it seems this was not the case on this occasion. I will inform our maintenance team so they can take a look into this.
We do hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us again as we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We visited here for my partners birthday along with a bit of shopping within and it was a lovely stay.

We decided to stay within the Business Class room due to the movies and the included buffet breakfast both where worth it along with the easy access to the bull ring with just a 5 mins work.

Room Tip: Great for charismas shopping