“Expect better for a Radisson”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This hotel is just not up to the standard expected of Radisson. At first glance the room looked like one of the chain's typical rooms, but didn't take long to notice the flaws: Broken furniture, stained carpet and walls, and very poor standard of cleaning overall. (see photos) A strange loud drone would also blare from mybathroom at intervals throughout the night (yes, really!) Reception staff said it was likely "coming from the pipes" and were happy to move me to another room, which was also much better in terms of cleanliness. Got the impression, I wasn't the first guest to complain about the plumbing noise, which begs the question why anyone in the room to begin with? Friendly, helpful staff are only positive aspect about this hotel. Oh, and it's handy for the town centre. So come on Radisson... time to bring in the repair men and give the place a proper clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent comments. I am disappointed to read of your stay and would very much like to discuss further with you. I can see you have enclosed sme pictures, it would be most useful if you could get In touch direct so Invesitagte internally further.

Thank you for your positive comments relating to the hotel service, I have left my details below and hope you had a great Christmas.

Kind regards,

Rooms Divison Manager
Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,372)

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stay away !! I payed 140 for a two night stay which I booked months in advance!!

Took ages to book in. Was given a room which smelt of raw sewage went to reception to complain the que was that long I had to to ring in my complaint. Was told this would be rectified returned at 1130 to find a party going on next door. Complained to reception heared the poor guy get abused and them 5 minutes later party started AgAin!! By now the smell of raw sewage was to much and I wAs up graded to a better room at 0030 which ment a robe and slippers!!!

I am due in work at 800 it's 0045 not happy!!

I travel a lot with work and this is the worst hotel by far my friends are staying in the encore across the road and have paid 100 quid less than I have!!! I have another night yet in this hell !

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Sams4500
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear guest,

I am disappointed to read of you comments and was unfortunately not aware of your dissatisfaction during your stay, perhaps we can discuss further and look to make things right together.

Please can you contact me directly as I cannot receive any details via trip advisor.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Dark and dreary from the Lobby to the Hotel restaurant. My room features a broken lamp eith misding bulb, toiletries that had been used, A bed that looked as though it had been laid on, a phone that was dusty and sticky and to too it all - dirty carpet. We can't get Internet and no one seems to know how why the pass code they gave us doesn't work. Food in the restaurant was awful and the waiter left my used wine glass on the table even with my second glass on the table. Improperly trained staff at a below average hotel with above average prices. Still eaiting for the hotel manager to get back to us after calling the front desk to alert them of this room's condition!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments - I believe this issue has now been closed positively after communication together. My sincere apologies for any inconvienece caused.

Please email me directly if you require any further assistance.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

When I checked in the check in staff were polite but despite being a Gold member of Club Carlson no upgrade was available which in itself is not the end of the world but is a benefit supposedly offered to the tier below and above. The room has a reasonable view of the road and Birmingham Mailbox but the bed looked poorly made and I checked the sheets to find visible stains. Housekeeping did come promptly to change it but when I returned from my evening meal with a colleague there was no apology from the management or sign they recognised there was an issue with a guest checking in and having to ask for fresh sheets. Have emailed customer services but heard nothing as yet. I am here on business and would certainly not use my own money to stay here as things currently stand. May be another group to add to the banned list, see whether they ever have the courtesy to ever respond.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments, my sincere apologies for your experience, of course not acceptable and will be addressed internally. May I ask you to contact me directly, I have left my details in your message box or you may find this below.

I hope to hear from you soon and move forward positively.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

This hotel was nice, staff were very friendly, the rewards scheme is worth joining, if you stay at 7 of the hotels in the chain you get a free nights stay, also free newspaper. I picked this hotel following an excellent stay in the Radisson Blue in Liverpool with my girlfriend, the beds are really comfortable. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Join the rewards scheme!