“Top Banana!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #62 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Would stay here again.Everything advertised,did not dissapoint,within easy walking distance of the Bullring for shops,Arcadian for drinks and mailbox for restaurants.

Room Tip: Front view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Decided to stay in Birmingham last minute, and chose the Radisson Blu because it was chain that we were familiar with, and it was very close to New Street Station and the Bullring.

I was travelling with a wheelchair user, and they automatically found us a superb accessible room, which had a wet room, with plenty of rails, and plenty of space in the room to park the chair. My partner was very impressed with the disabled facilities. Staff were more than happy to help in any way.

We ate in the Filini restaurant and experienced wonderful food and great service. The bar area is lovely to sit in after the meal.

The breakfast options were excellent, and they prepared porridge for us, even though it was not on the menu.

A superb last minute stay.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I recently stayed at the at the Raddison Blue Hotel, I stayed in a business class room, a room filled with character. The room was perfect for my trip, a great view not too much noise from the traffic, and the comfiest bed I've ever slept on in a hotel. The facilities in the room were second to none.

On arrival my friend and I were greeted by a lovely receptionist, Ms Wylde. She helped with all the information I needed about my stay and also helped me with directions around the city centre.

Only one minor problem, but that was dealt with by a member of staff through the one touch service. (Via the phone in the room) The employee was helpful and corrected the issue immediatley.

The food in the restaurant was lovely, although it was a little confusing because of the language, Italian I believe, maybe an idea to highlight the vegetarian options. The service in the restaurant was lovely, however it may of been an added touch if we had been offered drinks at the table rather than having to get up and leave to go to the bar to get a drink.

Our stay was an amazing experience, I wouldn't change it at all. I would definatley recommend this hotel to anyone and will be hoping to stay again soon.

Room Tip: The higher floor your on a better view you'll get
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here last night on a business trip and found it well above average. There were a group of us and we sampled the £15.95 for 3 courses deal in the hotel restaurant and I can't complain about anything. The hotel is clean, professionally run and central for everything. Theres not enough unique about it for an excellent rating but you won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Peppin-Hugheses
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is the newest luxury hotel in Birmingham city centre and is a short walk from New St Railway station. It is equidistant between Selfridges and Harvey Nichols . My check in and out by a Mr Price was fast and friendly.My room was very big and had floor to ceiling windows.I was bemused to read a recent review about temperature controls for there was an on /off button and a thermostat to choose the desired warmth.There were plenty of toiletries in the bathroom which had a washing line available. The shower pressure was excellent.My bed had crisp linen and was massive with ample pillows.I could not fault it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DominicBathEngland
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I will personally inform Richard price from reception on your compliements, I'm sure he will be very happy to see your review.

I'm glad that you found the beds comfortable, I know how important that can be! Well, we are looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Have a great start to the week.

Kind regards,