“Best Ethiopian I have ever tried”

Blue Nile Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 2,514 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

It is the best Ethiopian restaurant in Birmingham! Food is amazing and the staff couldn't be more friendly. My boyfriend and I always come back again and again! Also it is very good price for the amount of food! Totally recommended!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I thought the staff were all excellent. Lovely people, very prompt service, (some) good recommendations. But I don't think the food matches up to expectations. Some of the curries were great. Perhaps fermented bread just isn't my thing.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely Ethiopian cuisine and friendly service. Nice ethnic decor. The gentleman who served us was very kind and patient and made some good suggestions. Don’t forget to try the Ethiopian beers.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Blue Nile has become my go to restaurant for good quality food at the best, BEST prices. Traditional Ehiopian cuisine served in a relaxed, homely restaurant. The tilapia is now my favourite dish - ever! I don't know what kind of magic it is seasoned with, but it is fried, not greasy,crispy yet juicy. The food is so simple but so tasty. I look forward to seeing the staff especially Yonas as they are always very warm and welcoming.

1  Thank Bekki O
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I hate to say it here but I can't leave a detailed review on Deliveroo.

My partner and I ordered a fairly large order for delivery which we rather enjoyed when it arrived. The only problem AT THE TIME was the fact that the label for a portion each of lamb samosas and vegetable samosas was mixed up. My partner is a vegetarian and nearly ate the lamb samosa. This is already an UNACCEPTABLE mistake to make.

Today, he seems to have rather suddenly developed gastroenteritis, after only having a homemade noodle soup for lunch before ordering from this restaurant. We had almost the same food but he seems to have been affected very, very badly. The food all looked fine when it arrived and we enjoyed it at the time but we will sadly never be ordering again after this incident. We can only question whether this is the fault of the restaurant for not upholding good food hygiene standards. Extremely disappointing given so many positive reviews and seemingly good quality food.