“Breathtaking Birmingham”

Ranked #824 of 2,520 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just a 3minute drive from the city centre and the bustling Broad St, you will find The Botanical Gardens just off the leafy Westbourne Road. Under its arched entrance you can browse through the glorious gift shop,or spend time taking in the art work at the Gallery. Have tea at the shop, the sandwiches are a treat before walking through this lush green getaway. Peacocks walk idly by, and there are plenty of little corners to sit or relax in; in the Summer they do have the outdoor Shakespeare Company performing which is a wonderful treat in the evenings. You can always pick up some plants from the nursery next door, which is always a bonus. Traditional,serene and definitely a place for everyone!

2  Thank ASAF22

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I visited this restaurant with my husband the food was excellent the staff were great and .the views from the window were lovely . It is a little expensive but well worth it the menu is very interesting. One of the highlights was a nan bread sweet which was made to order and excellent. All the dishes were memorable.

1  Thank birminghambabe
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Wonderful to walk through spectacular plants to the dining room.
Excellent service from the staff. A very good meal. We would be delighted to return.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Despite the fact that the Colonial Pavilion is set up in the area of the Botanical Gardens where the cafe can be found during the morning, and therefore, not looking as a pretty as many other restaurants- the food and service cannot be discounted! I stuck to veg and fish options, all of which were great. Prawns for starter and sea-bass for main. The chilli chocolate mousse and cinnamon doughnuts were delicious! The service was impeccable- we were very well taken care of and not kept long at all between courses.
With the restaurant being situated in the Botanical Gardens, it was possible to go for a little stroll about after too which was a great way to finish off the meal!

1  Thank SR1984
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We visited this restarant for the third time tonight and yet again had a lovely meal.
This fusion restaurant has served us consistently high quality food.
The food is presented very well, the service is excellent it has loads of free parking outside which is great for friends to easily meet (so much easier and without the cost of parking in the city centre)
My wife had duck samosa's (for the second time) and I had the chilli prawns both cooked to perfection. My wife then had the chicken Murgh and I had the fish and chips. after this I couldn't manage a desert but my wife had the nan bread and butter pudding. We left feeling we had a real good meal but that there weren't enough customers to keep this excellent restaurant. if you read this give this place a try. I really feel you won't be disappointed

1  Thank John S