1,834 results
All reviews eye hospital roll top bath bubbles bar monsoon shower afternoon tea nespresso machine huge bathroom deluxe room birthday treat mini bar walk in shower lovely room city centre saturday night stayed for one night full english cooked breakfast
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Have stayed for work a couple of times amd the standard is high. Rooms very nice and food at breakfast (and room service dinner) was very good.

Service warm amd friendly.

The last room i had was a little dark.

Trip type: Travelled solo
TomG4199, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at HDV Birmingham. It was really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I are always thankful of hearing that we have got things right! I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

For the second time in a week, I stayed here this time accompanied by my wife, so I had already ‘requested’ a larger room than the one I’d been in 4 nights before! Well were we in for a pleasant surprise...up graded to the Slingsby Gin Suite experience.... superb and clearly the largest room in the hotel, two of everything and a bed the size of small country! All with free gin thrown in, making a special night even better, well done to the front desk staff for making it happen, sorry I’ve been slow with the review. Breakfast was up to usual high standard.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TomG4199, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear valued guest,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at HDV Birmingham.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stay here a few times year and we love it every time, we used to use the valet parking service but the cost for the local car park Next to the snow hill footbridge was less than £10 for 24h. One thing I will say it that the cost for the upgrade isn’t really worth it, the standard rooms are amazing. The mini bar in the room is rather pricey so we take our own drinks to put in the fridge.

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of HDV. I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We usually stay here when visiting Birmingham. The hotel is the only one we know of in Birmingham city centre with valet parking, plus it’s a really nice hotel.

The suites are good, a little tired in places, but the plus sides far outweigh this.

Lovely showers and baths. Huge beds and the staff are always friendly especially the gentleman on reception who always recognises us.

Would certainly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TomG4199, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at HDV here on TripAdvisor. It was really nice to read your comments & I will be sure that the team are thanked for making your stay enjoyable. I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at HDV Birmingham.
Very best regards.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for business with our office around 200m away near Snow Hill. Room was spacious and very well appointed. Rain head shower particularly pleasant. Ironically one day I worked from hotel as hotel wifi was quicker than the guest access wifi in my office. Breakfast was superb, plenty of choice, highly recommend the full English and the crab with scrambled eggs. Bar was also great for a pre dinner drink. Staff friendly and room temperature great.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TomG4199, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear valued guest,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at HDV Birmingham. It is always nice to hear that we are doing things the right way! I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.