1,815 results
All reviews eye hospital roll top bath bubbles bar monsoon shower bubble lounge afternoon tea nespresso machine huge bathroom deluxe room birthday treat mini bar walk in shower lovely room saturday night city centre stayed for one night cooked breakfast
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I've stayed in HdV Birmingham several times, it's always number one choice for me when I'm in Birmingham. The hotel is very stylish, all the rooms have names of wineries instead of numbers which i think is cool. The rooms are always clean and spacious, i absolutely love the big bathtub and the walk in shower and the bed is huge and comfy! Make sure you make a reservation to the bistro as well, great food and very helpful and knowledgeable young sommelier. The bar section is also very nice. Even the spa and gym section are nice, you can choose from two different saunas. Go have a chat with the General Manager Tony, he really is a nice guy and is always very helpful. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I treated my sister for a night for her special birthday. We were made to feel very welcome (Friday 10th November). The reception team made it special right from the start. The bar staff made us up special champagne cocktails took photos and nothing was too much trouble for them! We went out to eat but ended back in the bar as it had such a good atmosphere and of course we were tempted by a couple more cocktails by the very enthusiastic bar staff! Breakfast in the Bistro was fab. I loved my poach egg on Avocado toast.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
HdVMgr, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Jane,

Thank you for such kind comments.

I am so delighted to hear that you both enjoyed your stay and that we were able to play some small part in enhancing your sisters birthday celebrations.

We hope to welcome you back again soon I hope!

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I’m not sure what it is about the Sunday Lunch in Hotel du Vin in Birmingham - they get most things right apart from the dire vegetarian main courses:
Soup- good
Deli Table- slight improvement
Main- veg and couscous, or eggs and pancakes
Dessert- fine

I got the veg and couscous- it was described as a “tagine” but that simply referred to the dish it was served in rather than the slow-cooked, sweet and savoury stew that I had expected.

I had half a roasted carrot, quarter of a roasted green courgette, quarter of a roasted yellow courgette and quarter of a roasted bell-pepper. These four pieces of veg were put on top of some fruity couscous and it came with an unexciting broth.

I’ve had better supermarket couscous in a tub.

You really should invest in a decent vegetarian cookbook.

Kitchen/Head Chef:

Your vegetarian customers pay full
price - why treat them with such disregard?

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us for Sunday lunch, im so sorry to read of your disappointment with your main course. I do believe that it is only customer feedback and interaction that we can truly improve on the service and offering we have available at the hotel, and therefore your feedback is a valuable element to the continued success of the hotel.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My husband organised a surprise afternoon tea...wow!! I've always wanted to share this moment with friends and it came to pass...What a lovely surprise!!
We had the such a wonderful time...didn't know one could be so full up after an Afternoon Tea..we had smoked salmon, cream cheese on rye bread with cream cheese, egg mayonnaise and cress in a brioche bun, ham and cheese in a mini croissant, a spinach tart amongst the savoury selection which all tasted great! And then for dessert we had dark chocolate and raspberry marshmallow cakes, vodka sorbet, lemon tarts, pumpkin cheesecake and scones with jam and clotted cream ...washed down with a lovely selection of teas, special coffees and hot chocolate with the offer of a glass of champagne if you wanted.
We had a fantastic time.
Highly recommended. Thank Jess for looking after us.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
HdVMgr, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest,

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and that we were able to play some small part in enhancing your birthday celebrations.

I will of course share your kind comments with Jess who looked after you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here to visit a few local top restaurants and for the city's great shopping. Our room was rather dark and gloomy. I would say the rooms and corners could benefit from a refurb. Nice atmosphere in the hotel bar though. Also valet parking service was very good.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the hotel,

Its great to read that you enjoyed the hotels location in the city, the atmosphere in our bubble bar and that you were able to take advantage of our valet parking service. I will get our maintenance team to further look into your feedback regarding your bedroom.

We hope to see you again soon at Hdv Birmingham.