“A verycomfortable stay”

Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Ranked #30 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here following a concert in the city.
Our room was huge and very comfortable albeit a little "tired" in places!
The bathroom and shower were equally spacious.
The bed was vast and extremely comfortable.
Our evening meal was excellent with a good choice of food and wine.
After the concert we were able to enjoy a night cap in the cosy bar.
Breakfast was delicious with a wide range of choices available.
The one thing which set the hotel apart was the service quality.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: WE paid for an upgraded room which we think was well worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
HdVMgr, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Bernard,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us,

I am delighted to read how happy you were with your choice of hotel, our friendly staff and your dining experience. I do hope you enjoyed the concert.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed in HdV Birmingham several times, it's always number one choice for me when I'm in Birmingham. The hotel is very stylish, all the rooms have names of wineries instead of numbers which i think is cool. The rooms are always clean and spacious, i absolutely love the big bathtub and the walk in shower and the bed is huge and comfy! Make sure you make a reservation to the bistro as well, great food and very helpful and knowledgeable young sommelier. The bar section is also very nice. Even the spa and gym section are nice, you can choose from two different saunas. Go have a chat with the General Manager Tony, he really is a nice guy and is always very helpful. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I treated my sister for a night for her special birthday. We were made to feel very welcome (Friday 10th November). The reception team made it special right from the start. The bar staff made us up special champagne cocktails took photos and nothing was too much trouble for them! We went out to eat but ended back in the bar as it had such a good atmosphere and of course we were tempted by a couple more cocktails by the very enthusiastic bar staff! Breakfast in the Bistro was fab. I loved my poach egg on Avocado toast.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jane,

Thank you for such kind comments.

I am so delighted to hear that you both enjoyed your stay and that we were able to play some small part in enhancing your sisters birthday celebrations.

We hope to welcome you back again soon I hope!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m not sure what it is about the Sunday Lunch in Hotel du Vin in Birmingham - they get most things right apart from the dire vegetarian main courses:
Soup- good
Deli Table- slight improvement
Main- veg and couscous, or eggs and pancakes
Dessert- fine

I got the veg and couscous- it was described as a “tagine” but that simply referred to the dish it was served in rather than the slow-cooked, sweet and savoury stew that I had expected.

I had half a roasted carrot, quarter of a roasted green courgette, quarter of a roasted yellow courgette and quarter of a roasted bell-pepper. These four pieces of veg were put on top of some fruity couscous and it came with an unexciting broth.

I’ve had better supermarket couscous in a tub.

You really should invest in a decent vegetarian cookbook.

Kitchen/Head Chef:

Your vegetarian customers pay full
price - why treat them with such disregard?

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us for Sunday lunch, im so sorry to read of your disappointment with your main course. I do believe that it is only customer feedback and interaction that we can truly improve on the service and offering we have available at the hotel, and therefore your feedback is a valuable element to the continued success of the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband organised a surprise afternoon tea...wow!! I've always wanted to share this moment with friends and it came to pass...What a lovely surprise!!
We had the such a wonderful time...didn't know one could be so full up after an Afternoon Tea..we had smoked salmon, cream cheese on rye bread with cream cheese, egg mayonnaise and cress in a brioche bun, ham and cheese in a mini croissant, a spinach tart amongst the savoury selection which all tasted great! And then for dessert we had dark chocolate and raspberry marshmallow cakes, vodka sorbet, lemon tarts, pumpkin cheesecake and scones with jam and clotted cream ...washed down with a lovely selection of teas, special coffees and hot chocolate with the offer of a glass of champagne if you wanted.
We had a fantastic time.
Highly recommended. Thank Jess for looking after us.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
HdVMgr, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and that we were able to play some small part in enhancing your birthday celebrations.

I will of course share your kind comments with Jess who looked after you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.