US$122
US$76
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Jurys Inn Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$56
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$57
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$73
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$109
US$100
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$45
US$44
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$49/night.

US$129
US$123
Priceline
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$157
US$151
  • Pool
1,759 results
All reviewseye hospitalroll top bathbubbles barmonsoon showerbubble loungeafternoon teanespresso machinedeluxe roombirthday treatmini barlarge bathroomwalk in showerlovely roomcity centresaturday nightstayed for one nightcooked breakfast
Reviewed 10 November 2017

This hotel is quite unique, the rooms are spacious, different in decor, gorgeous beds and most rooms are individual. As in previous comments, the floorboards can be creaky, the building is an old converted Victorian eye hospital built in 1884 not a five year old purpose built generic hotel. The rooms are dark but they are not gloomy, it is the middle of Birmingham City Centre and surrounded by other similar height or higher buildings.
I found the staff efficient, friendly and extremely helpful even at their busiest times.
I was lucky enough to be part of a wedding party and if you are thinking of having this hotel for your venue you really cannot go wrong, The organiser I think called Svetlana, apologies if I have the name wrong, was amazing, she thought of every tiny detail and nothing was too much trouble, her attention to detail was incredible and she is an asset to the Hotel du Vin.
I would love to have the opportunity to stay here or visit again.

Room Tip: People do smoke outside the front of the hotel which is common practice to every hotel so possibly that may be something to consider.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HdVMgr, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest,

I delighted to read you enjoyed your time at the hotel and more importantly enjoyed the wedding you were attending. Thank you for highlighting our friendly and helpful staff at the hotel, especially Svetlana who is a credit to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I very much enjoyed a recent 3 night stay at the Hotel du Vin in Birmingham. It's very centrally located, and is even within 15 minute walking distance of New Street and Moor St, and very near Snow Hill Station. It's an older building, carefully renovated, and with tonnes of character. There were some creaky-floorboard, and pipes, issues, and the noise from the street was a surprise (mostly the odd delivery truck) - I suppose the hotel wasn't allowed to double-glaze the windows - but overall the hotel is fun, and the staff excellent. I particularly enjoyed the bistro, with super breakfasts, and a very good dinner menu. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with for your 3 night stay in the city.

I'm delighted to read that you liked the hotel, our central location in the city, our bistro and your breakfast. Thank you for mentioning how great the staff were during your stay, we are very lucky to have such a friendly team. You may be interested to know that the hotel was once the old Birmingham Eye Hospital.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Very very comfortable large luxurious beds, lovely rain shower, high quality toiletries, delicious dinner on Sun night (chateaubriand), late check out, free upgrade.....BUT room quite dark and gloomy needs more lights, guests’ plates and glasses from room service and pizza box rubbish left for hours in the corridor without been cleared away both days we stayed, breakfast not as good quality as dinner (limp greasy bacon), rooms a bit tired around the edges and an incredibly squeaky floorboard above our room and VERY active guest who paced around morning till night ....
Overall we had a relaxing and enjoyable stay but a hefty price tag considering all the niggles

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Roberta,

Thank you for choosing to stay at HdV Birmingham,

I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your luxurious bed, the rain shower and your delicious dinner and your upgrade.

So sorry to read about your room and the corridors, I will share this with my maintenance team and housekeeping team to resolve.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Check in staff and experience was ok. We were upgraded and the room was spacious. The bathroom was ok, but the radiator was leaking on the floor, so made it slippery, so advised on checkout. Did not get a good's night sleep, due to noise from bar area and this was after 1am. Windows did not stop noise from street or road, so overall a poor night's sleep. The bed was very comfortable. Check out was slow, but this was due to the volume of guest's checking out at the same time. We found the staff in the main bar quite rude. We would not return. We felt as though the hotel needs some attention to decor and facilities.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us,

I'm so sorry to read of your experience with us, If ever you are not happy with any aspect of your stay, please let us know whilst you are still here so that we can do something about it. We would have loved the opportunity to rectify your concerns and leave you feeling compelled to write a 5 star review.

Should you ever wish to stay with us again please contact me direct on dgm.birmingham@hotelduvin.com and I will personally manage the booking for you.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

The best thing on the lunch menu for us was the buffet before the main course. We had soup, buffet, main and desert. The buffet was excellent – great selection: fish, including crab; three fish pates (homemade); salmon, serrano ham (carved for you). I chose venison pie for my main but was very disappointed in the suet pastry – solid and chewy (not at all fluffy – like my own!) and not much meat inside, although it was nice and tender. Our daughter said the rump steak was excellent – I had a few of her fine-cut chips, which were much better than most. The desserts were good too, especially if you like large helpings!
We’ll definitely go back – but I will have the buffet twice instead of the main.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your Sunday lunch with us.

I delighted to read you enjoyed our offering, the market table is my favourite also. we have actually just added some new items to it, which im sure you'll enjoy next time your with us.

So sorry to hear about your main course though, I will of course share your feedback with our chef to make sure we get this right in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bistro again in the near future.