2,004 results
All reviews lake view pillow spray resorts world genting arena birmingham nec trouser press shuttle bus reception staff car park business hotel close to the airport stayed here for one night good nights sleep following morning buffet style night's sleep full english
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff on reception very welcoming and comfy rooms. Food great too. We ate twice in the restaurant and breakfast buffet. Great location for nec and resort world is next door which has plenty of places to shop and eat. Would visit again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Nikita Agrawal A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear cheryl_poplar,
Were very delighted with your most recent feedback, its lovely to read that your overall stay was great and thank you for your recommendation. Your wonderful comments will be passed to all the departments as I know they will be extremely happy with your feedback.
Kindest Regards,
Nikita Agrawal, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I'v stayed here a few times, The hotel is average I'm sure there is better in the area.

One time i had to be moved due to there being hat looked like shaved hair all over the chair and floor in the room.

The rooms are either too hot or too cold, these no in between and theres no fridge in the rooms.

Around the hotel has good amenities but thats about it

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Nikita Agrawal A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Emma L,
I would like to thank you for your helpful and constructive feedback.
I was however extremely disappointed to learn of your previous experiences.
I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly so I may discuss your stay and give you personal reassurances.
Kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Too many problems to list, so I'll bullet point this:

Good: Comfortable rooms, nice linens and sheets, clean, and relatively quiet.

Cons: THIS IS IMPORTANT! My keys did not work for the entire 4 days I stayed here. Initially they told me that "engineering would have it fixed within two hours." I was given multiple excuses throughout the weekend, but EVERY time I had to get into my room, I had to go to the front desk to have staff let me in - for FOUR days straight. I later learned from a colleague that this is an ongoing issue at the hotel and that it's been going on for months. They try to blame it on the NEC center or your cell phone; however, I did not go into the NEC expo and never had the keys near my cell phone.

Restaurant is terrible - ate lunch at hotel two days in a row. We were the second table (3 of us) and by the time we left, only about 1/3 of the restaurant was full. Both lunches took an hour and fifteen minutes just ordering three sandwiches and soft drinks. The food was fine, but the service was horrid. Don't even attempt to get drinks here after dinner. The bar is well staffed, but they are just lazy.

Toilets do not flush properly.

Lighting in bathroom is terrible.

One of the elevators/lifts was broken and the door kept pinging - too them several hours to address it.

WiFi was spotty and unreliable.

Finally - DO NOT use the cab service they recommend. The cab driver drove 20 KM towards Heathrow and conveniently pulled over to get gas (he barely put any in). He said "this is cash, correct?" Note that it's a $150 pound charge to get to Heathrow. I had to talk to his dispatcher and threaten to leave the car and was calling an Uber when his machine suddenly started working.

Upon checkout, they asked me how my stay was. I politely reviewed all of these problems - all I got was a "sorry your stay wasn't pleasant, please come see us again."

Please come see you again?!?! Dear lord....

Terrible personnel, terrible service, and would never stay here again.

Room tip: Don't stay here - avoid if possible
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear DanChicagoUSA,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am truly sorry to learn of your experience and very disappointed that we appear to have let ourselves down and failed to meet your expectations.
Kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here as I was going to Insomnia (a gaming festival at the NEC). This hotel is a ten minute walk from the NEC so was very convenient. Staff were nice and very patient, as we kept having to reactivate keys! WiFi was decent and usable and TV was good. The beds were really comfortable and very cozy. The bathrooms were clean and had shower gel etc. The food was literally the best food ever! The breakfast buffet had lots of options and was tasty. I didn't have lunch there but the menu looked lovely. For dinner I had fish and chips which was better than most restaurants I have been too. Also there was lots of room in the building and the staff were super nice.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Avocheeseado,
Kindest Regards,
Nikita Agrawal, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Ample parking. Friendly reception. Was given a double rather than a twin room as booked on booking.com rather than the hotel's own website so had sofa-bed set up. OK but not what I asked for. Room was OK but basic for the price (£200) compared to other hotels at the same price point. Uncomfortable pillows. Good shower. Walking distance to the NEC which was very convenient. Good choice at breakfast. Toaster did take 4 passes to toast the bread! Very good basic free WiFi. All in all, functional but you pay for the location if you are visiting the exhibition centre.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Soon L,
Thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and appreciate your constructive feedback. I will share your comments with the team as I know they will be motivated by it.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel.
Kindest Regards