“Dont waste your money.....stay somewhere cheaper for same standard....”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“Dont waste your money.....stay somewhere cheaper for same standard....”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Firstly I have to point out that I am not fussy at all, I really hate people who moan about the slightest thing at a hotel! But I personally wouldn’t be staying here again or at any of their hotels…..

The reason why we went with this hotel compared to other ones was because this one was bit more expensive and we thought least if we pay more we will have hassle free and be a nicer hotel so we can enjoy our weekend instead of worrying about the state of the hotel……. However it wasn’t worth paying that bit extra to stay here, wish I stayed someone where for cheaper and probably the same level of standard room

First our room was so dusty, I put my bag on the side, when I lifted it up the bottom was covered! The room wasn’t clean, the walls had all black marks on them and a lamp didn’t work (now I would never moan about this but it gets worse which is why I am writing this review)

I did not sleep well the whole 2 nights I was there, the air con unit even though it wasn’t on was making the worse noise, I am a light sleeper and this kept me up all night, by the time the manager came into our room to listen to the noise she did offer us to move however we did not have the time to move due to the event we was attending was starting and had to leave, she said if we wanted to move later she doesn’t think that will be possible because they will be booked, (I was quite angry as that was why we paid more to stay here so we didn’t have this hassle we wanted to get to our event and enjoy it)

I since then have written a complaint to the hotel and filled out the complaints forms online, I never got a response, I just kept getting automatic feed back forms…. By the time I did get a response it was to say that someone would be in contact and know one as still to this day and this was in OCTOBER I also took photos and a video recording of the noise in the room…. The way they have ignored me and dealt with the complain is so unorganized…and as I mentioned before I really don’t moan about much I am 24 and was away with my boyfriend and another couple so moaning and inspecting the room is the last thing we want to do……

but my whole argument is you pay a little more for this hotel compared to the competitors as you think you will get a nicer standard but it isnt the case I wish I had chosen a cheaper option because least you get what you pay for……

ALSO NOTE --- there are no shops around that area at all so most things you have to buy from the bar which is quite expensive

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Taylor53
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Guest

First of all accept my sincere apologies about the poor stay and service experience that you have experienced at our hotel.

I assure you that the cleanliness of our guest rooms is of high importance to us and what you experienced is not to our brand standard and this will be communicated to the Housekeeping Manager.

I am disheartened to here that you have wrote a complaint to the hotel and recieved no response espiecially as your stay was October I will look into this.

Please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this review further.

Clare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Indonesian first
Surrey
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Booked through a third party, the hotel didnt have record of our booking. they contacted the other company to resolve and upgraded us to lakeview room to compensate... not expected but gratefully received. Comfortable bed, great shower, very helpful staff. would stay again. 20mins by car to NIA, walking distance to NEC.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest

Thankyou so much for such a positive review and spending the time to write a review.

We truly appreciate and value the feedback given, I will pass on your compliments.

We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Clean
Organised
Good people
Nice rooms
Modern
WiFi works well when paid for....
Good breakfast
Very comfy bed
Clean bathrooms
Adjacent to NEC, Business park, M42/6
Would recommend it.

Also actually very good value at £90 considering my last holiday Inn was £10 cheaper and grot pit. I guess prices vary to align with events going on at the NEC but outside of this it was a good price for such a nice hotel.

As a PriorityClub member i got upgraded (it is a good program to join in my experience, I have no connection with them other than as a customer) and it was excellent

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for spending the time to write such a positive review.

It great to see that all departments have met your needs and expectations and we aim to deliver great hotels that guest love.

I am delighted to see that you were recognised as priority member as this is one of my aims for 2012 to improve PC recognition.

We look forward to your return

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This Hotel is well situated beside the National Exhibition Centre and Birmingham Airport. It is a well run Hotel with friendly and professional staff. There is nothing within walking distance of the Hotel save for the NEC. The bedrooms and very comfortable, they and the bathrooms are well equiped and clean. The only negative comment that I would make is that they charge £10 a day to guests for parking whereas anyone just visiting the Hotel and spending over £15 in the bar/restaurant gets free parking, on my last visit I spent more than that in the bar yet as I was a Hotel guest I was liable for the parking charge.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thankyou so much for you review and positive comments about of staff and proffessional service that you experienced. Its is great to see that we are delivering great customer service.

I am sorry to hear that you find the car parking charges expensive - we find our pricing structure very competive with other hotels in the area. The £10 charge is for overnight resident parking - we have a different pricing structure for those guest that just use the hotel for a few hour s in the day hence the £15 limit.

I do hope that this does not deter you from using us again in the future

Many Thanks

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed for 1 night 13th January to attend the Autosport event at the NEC - hotel ideally situated for both LG Arena and the NEC - a few minutes walk away around the lake. Easy to find and with ample parking - check in very smooth and staff super. Room on the 2nd floor overlooking the lake (openable windows - bonus!). Room itself was of a high standard with complimentary water, wine and chocolates. Bathroom spotlessly clean with lovely fluffy towels and dressing gowns. We ate in the lounge and the food was excellent - hotel very quiet through the night so a good nights sleep had by all ready for long day ahead. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thankyou so much for such positive feedback it is truly valued and appreciated.

I will ensure that housekeeping and food and beverage departments are informed of this. We do our upmost to satisfy all our guest needs and I am delighted that you would highly recommend us.

Hoping to see you at the hotel soon

Clre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
0.3 km away
1.2 km away
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#25 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!