2,698 results
All reviews harvey nichols mailbox car park mini bar mail box hotel bar good size hot breakfast afternoon tea standard room club room saturday night city centre bars and restaurants new street station lovely room stayed for one night full english
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A one night stay in advance of a conference. The check in was fine, the gym is a little small but has enough to keep you going.

The room is lovely and spacious and I had a very comfortable night. The only thing stopping me from giving 5green circles was breakfast. I ordered eggs California and anticipated at least half an avocado mashed with two poached eggs on top. What I got was a drizzle of guacamole. Extremely disappointing and one of my pet hates about menus misselling. Avocado is not the same as guac.

Thanks for a lovely stay, please sort out the cooked breakfast description.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Damian G, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dr_Waugh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you liked the room and that you have also visited our gym.

Your feedback has been passed onto the relevant departments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My work colleagues had organised a fabulous surprise baby shower here for me and we had a wonderful time. I had never visited Malmaison before so didn’t realise they had such a big open restaurant. My friends had organised afternoon tea in a side room so we were away from the hustle and bustle of the main restaurant which was nice. There was 16 of us on a centred table.

The service was a little slow but it was a very busy Sunday so was to be expected really. The afternoon tea was lovely and they managed to accommodate for us all (myself being pregnant and two friends who requested vegan and dairy free). I ordered a side of fries as I was worried the sandwiches wasn’t going to be filling - how wrong was I! Most of the party ended up taking cakes home in lovely little boxes that were provided free of charge. There was plenty of different teas to choose from and they were kept topped up throughout the afternoon. My friends had been able to take in balloons and confetti which was great as some places aren’t so keen on allowing guests to do this.

I had a wonderful afternoon and would recommend the afternoon tea to anyone considering it. There are a variety of different options to choose from so there is something for everyone, with or without alcohol.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ella2308,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at Malmaison Birmingham.

It was really good to hear that you liked the surprise and that you enjoyed the Afternoon tea with us, the team and I are always thankful of hearing that we have got things right!

I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited malmaison for a girly afternoon and loved it so much that we decided to book and attend for a birthday brunch for 15. The service was excellent for such a busy Sunday afternoon and they waiter was very attentive to our needs. We went for the mal afternoon tea’s and a couple of cream teas.

It’s possible that we went home with more food than we ate there as the ingredients are quality and rich, it’s easy to get full up :)

Great experience that is Highly recommend and will be attending next month for a works do :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Cpisces,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your birthday brunch experience with us.

It was really nice to read your comments and I will be sure that the team are thanked for making the celebration enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my best man used the Malmaison as our base before my wedding. It’s a great location in Birmingham being near to great places to eat and drink. It’s also only a ten minute walk from the registry office. The staff at the hotel were helpful and polite. After the wedding me and my wife used the same hotel. The hotel had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room free of charge. We thought this was a lovely gesture and appreciated very much thank you all very much. The rooms are great and beds comfy. Would definitely stay again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear pshaz1985,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay on your wedding night with us and that the team were able to add some special touches. Also pleased to read that you liked the room and that you are looking to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I visited for afternoon tea and it was amazing!
The staff were lovely, the venue itself was beautiful and the afternoon tea was so much more than i thought it would be
The atmosphere was really nice, their was someone playing live music on his guitar.
Literally could not fault this place at all!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Beth S,

Thank you for the kind words following your Afternoon Tea with us here in Birmingham.

I am pleased to hear that the team was a highlight of your stay and that you found the hotel to be fantastic.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.