“An old Edgbaston house turned into the Blue Piano provided a pleasant setting for dinner for four people.”
Review of Blue Piano

Blue Piano
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Piano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 2,514 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$6 - US$52
Cuisines: Cambodian, Malaysian, Singaporean
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family owned restaurant and bar offering real South-East Asian cuisine. Visit Singapore, Cambodia and Malaysia all in one night with an expertly crafted menu by Head Chef Siew Kuan.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We started with a Sharing Platter (Raffles) for four people consisting of Carrot Cake, Five Spice Roll, Chicken Satay Skewers, and Top Hats.
An unusual starter which we all enjoyed
For our main course we had Slow-Cooked Pork, Beef Rendang Nasi Lemak with coconut rice, peanuts and prawn crackers. Sweet and Sour Chicken with veg and Mango Fish Sambal with fresh mango. We had sides of Steamed Jasmine Rice and Green Pea Egg-fried Rice.
For Desert we had Mango mousse, Chocolate fondant and Trifle.
We all enjoyed the dishes and said we would bring other friends to try Blue Piano
Prices were reasonable and came to approximately £28 each with drinks. Service was very good
The food was excellent and the portions big enough. This was my first visit to this restaurant and I was impressed enough to want to go back.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We went for the fixed menu for twelve pound it was a fairly good deal and the quality of the food was good

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I visited here on 20 September with my partner. We have the £12 fixed price lunch menu. The food was excellent and large portions. Very good value for money and choice for a fixed price menu. I highly recommend this restaurant and will visit again.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Blue piano is a fantastic restaurant and I have visited many times
I find the food really delicious and the staff are extremely friendly, welcoming and very professional. They never rush you and twice now my group have been the last to leave, despite the waitresses resetting the tables around us for the next day.

I am working my way through the menu and dishes - they are tasty and of high quality - it’s a shame other diners haven’t felt the same way. I felt that I wanted to write a review as on all the occasions I’ve been to Blue Piano I have a fabulous dining experience.

Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner on a Saturday night. We were greeted nicely and shown to our table. I had the fish amok which was very average, it was nice and fresh, however lacked flavour compared with the one in Cambodia. My boyfriend loved his dinner which was lamb shank and very tender. The atmosphere was very western and not very authentic, however it was cosyish. I was disappointed by the lack of live jazz music, however if you go on a Thursday or Friday you can experience this.