6,023 results
All reviews the executive lounge huge hotel courtesy bus busy hotel genting arena leisure facilities visiting the nec convention concert motorway
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Rooms very clean
Beds extremely comfortable - had a great nights sleep!
Staff excellent, brought soya milk and extra bedding to the room when we asked. Very friendly.
Beautiful decor in the lobby.
Great atmosphere at bar.
Perfect location if going to Genting Arena.

Cons:
Rooms very dated, I expected them to be more modern for a Hilton hotel (I always associated the Hilton brand with a luxury 5-star hotel).
Felt like the rooms were nothing special.
The price for parking was very expensive, at £15 for one night, considering the price paid for the room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Patrick S, General Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Josephine

Thank you for your your comments following your stay.

It's good to know you found our staff to be "excellent" and that you had a great night's sleep. Although a number of our guests rooms have already been refurbished, we do have plans for further improvements in the future.

We look forward to seeing you return again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I write this at 6am in the morning whilst in the hotel. Mainly because I have had about 2 hours sleep due to the whirring air con in my room that can't be switched off. The room is a box room with two single beds. I've tried them both. They move when you try to climb on to them which makes actually trying to lie in them impossible.

I arrived as part of a conference and the barrier let me in. I then spent around 20 mins dtiving around the car park trying to find a space - I thought there had to be one as the barrier had let me in. There were loads in separate further barriered areas but I couldn't get in these. There loads of cars parked on double yellow lines but no spaces. Eventually a lady in yellow coat told me to park in "east 1" which turned out to be 1/2 mile walk.

After the conference it took 40 minutes to check in. I asked the receptionist whether they had considered a group check in for the conference guests to be told "we didn't think you would all check in at once".

The room has no window. It is dirty. As mentioned noisy air con, tv with hardly a signal, very old fashioned.

After check-in I had to make a phone call which along with the lengthy check-in meant I was a little late for the evening function. There were 80 due to the event in the form of 8 tables of 10 but only 70 were there. They had run out of welcome drinks - at least 5 of us didn't get one it appears so what happened to the 15?

Each table of 10 should have had 1/2 bottle of wine per person on it. There were 4 bottles on each!

We were given bar vouchers with a face value of £4.90. The selection was a small bottle of becks, a small glass of wine or a small selection of spirits........

In the main bar a glass of wine was £8.50 (that's a glass not a bottle).

There is a coffee shop which serves in takeout cups just by the hotel entrance. £4.50 for a small of £5.00 for a regular coffee..........

So if you enjoy a hotel where you think you can park but can't, have a room with no window and is noisy, a bed that travels around the room when you lie on it, and totally rips off when it comes to its F&B pricing structure, I can thoroughly recomnend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Steve

Thank you for your review.

We were sorry to learn of your disappointing experience on this occasion, which is certainly not the usual experience our guests have.

We hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards and levels of service on a future occasion.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Clean rooms great breakfast and walking distance to Nec, it does what it says on the tin.
I had left some items in my room,gave the hotel a call and they kindly posted them home to me without charge,thats what i call good service

Stayed: November 2017

Dear 905beatty

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We're pleased you found the location of the hotel ideal for your needs and we're glad we were able to reunite you with your forgotten items.

We hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed just one night for the Killers Concert at the Genting Arena. The Hotel main areas are nice and the staff friendly and efficient at what they do. Room however felt tired and dated, carpet was stained. Our Mattress was the hardest we’d ever slept ( or tried to sleep) on! Don’t think I’d stay here again would try another hotel near the arena

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margalot42

Dear Margalot42

Thanks for your comments in relation to your visit.

We regret you were unhappy with your particular room. The hotel has already undertaken the refurbishment of a number of its guest rooms as well as public areas of the hotel and we do have plans for further improvements in the future.

We do hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I booked several rooms for 3 nights here for our team who were working at a show at the NEC next door. Considering that all the rooms were pre-paid, the check-in was laborious once I got to the desk and the queue had been out of the door - they need to speed this process up. The food in the self-service restaurant was appalling - tasteless salads with cold meat and fish as starters and cremated meat and tasteless vegetables as main courses. The desserts looked more appealing but whoever produced them successfully managed to remove all the taste. All our team commented on how awful the food was. The saviour was the red wine - an excellent Pinot Noir. The fruit salad was adequate too. When I got to my room there was a dreadfully noisy machine next door which I initially thought was the aircon unit but it continued after I'd switched that off. I tried to sleep for a couple of hours but eventually I called reception and after investigation by the engineer, I had to move rooms at 2 am as they couldn't stop the noise. Breakfast was a real bun-fight - masses of people queuing. The porridge was good - the rest of the breakfast food was adequate. The rooms were very small but modern and newly-refurbished with comfortable beds. The staff were excellent and helpful throughout the hotel apart from a couple of (understandably) grumpy receptionists. I would recommend to others who stay there to avoid the food at all costs!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear 362Richardb362

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We were sorry to see that you were disappointed with certain elements of your stay and in particular your dining experiences. We usually receive very positive reviews on quality and service in our restaurants. Please rest assured your feedback has been passed to our kitchen team. Your experience is certainly not typical and we hope you will accept our apologies for any shortcomings encountered on this occasion.

We were pleased to see that you found our team excellent and helpful. We hope we see you again in the near future.