“Always great food!”

Ranked #350 of 2,537 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been here now 6 times mainly for lunch and it’s always my favourite choice for a delicious faultless lunch that’s good value! I came again yesterday to take my mom and sister for lunch and as their first time they thoroughly enjoyed it all and will also be going back!
I would recommend again and again!

Date of visit: November 2018
jamiesitalianr, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Wow! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!!!! So great to read that you consistently have a great time with us! Hope we see you over the festive period!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,465)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had booked a table for two with our groupon voucher. We got taken to our table straight away, always a good sign.
However our waitress took a long time to take our order for our drinks and eventually did food and drinks together. She did apologise for the wait and was friendly in her approach. I felt sorry for her though as she squatted down right next to the other table and I saw the customer next to me feeling rather uncomfortable. However, there was no other place to stand for her to take the order. Perhaps think about the size of space between tables? Or spread the customers around??

Our starters arrived they were both tasty but with no drink. It was only two small glasses of wine nothing fancy. Nearing the end of the starter our drinks arrived, a good house.

When our main course arrived I took one bite and had to send it back to the kitchen, I felt awful. However it was still extremely hard.
Facing the kitchen I saw the chef talking to the waitress where she came back and agreed and said “ the chef said he put it in for 9 minutes so it should be fine..but will put it in for extra.”
I thought that due to the parsley herbs and salmon being already on there they would have made a fresh one, sadly not it felt microwaved. In the end it was still a little hard (I could cope with it) but tasteless, in the end I didn’t eat much of it.
My partners however was nice!

Thinking that perhaps a glass of wine would have been taken off the bill or 20% I was slightly disappointed when it wasn’t to be honest.
Starter- great
Wine- good
Main- not good
Our waitress was great and very friendly.

Sorry Jamie’s Italian- it was just a little poor!

Date of visit: November 2018
Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write this really detailed feedback. Sorry to read that your main was not up to standard and sorry to read that this was not dealt with correctly on the day- it doesn't sound as though your server let a manager know about the situation otherwise like you said we could have perhaps altered your bill to apologise for this and at least come and spoke to you. I will share this with the kitchen and FOH team to ensure this does not happen again

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Second visit to this chain and even better than the first!
The menu has improved significantly, better choice of food and drink,
higher quality and improved flavours.
I would definitely recommend the meat board starter! Great selection of antipasto.

Date of visit: November 2018
Jamie's Italian R, General Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you tripginger for this fantastic review! We look forward to seeing you again in our Birmingham restaurant!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A good place to lunch with the family if you want to eat something that has a bit better quality. The service was excellent. The kids got a kit to occupy them. And the food was very good.

Dear mortend99,

Thank you taking the time to leave us such a great review! The team will be delighted to read your comments. We hope next time we can exceed your expectations and get 5*

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We went as a group of 12 people, it was for the 50th birthday of one of my friend’s father. As soon as we walked in a waiter came to me and asked if why we were here and well dressed so I explained and the first thing he asked me then was if we wanted them to do something special for my friend’s father so we said yes and it was amazing.
During our meal, Anna our waitress, came back and forth ensuring that everything was going alright and each time it was the case. She was lovely as the whole is!
One more time thank you for your wonderful service, one of the best in the UK. As an American I would have tip you more for that service but we will come back, be sure of that!

Dear Thomas,

It is always a pleasure to read fantastic reviews but this one is a pure delight. Anna will be delighted to read your comments. We pride ourselves on our friendly service and it is always great to see that we exceeded expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon in our Birmingham restaurant.
Kind regards,