“A "delight" it wasn't”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2015

Using a groupon is always hit or miss, and was definitely a miss on this occasion, we were seated in a booth with stains strewn up the walls and tired seats. The groupon was immediately taken from us and there started to less than standard service.
When will owners learn that although they don't make much from the groupon, they should use it as an opportunity to show off their premises and skills in cooking, so that customers want to return??? Sadly we received a second class service because of the groupon I feel. My meal which was allegedly "award winning" was nothing more than mediocre, I asked for extra paneer with my chicken award winning meal and was looked at like I had landed from another planet, I was presented with a base curry sauce with very little flavour and 5 small chunks of paneer, of which I was charged £1.95 for. The rest of the guests seemed to enjoy their meals but this restaurant really need to step up their game if they wish to become one of the best "indian" foods in Bham as they claim on their website, I have been to much better, the waiter/owner showed no personality and the "extras" that we ordered such as naan, chips and drinks are priced very expensively, possibly to capitalize on the fact that they weren't making much from us and the groupon, £4.95 for 660ml of Cobra?!
We wont be returning, new customer opportunity... wasted.

1  Thank kellywH369PY

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Visited this place on a trip to Brum. The food was okay, nothing special. The service i felt was poor. None of the staff made any attempt to engage with me, even though i was the only customer in the place. Don't think i would give it a go again!

5  Thank GJM65
Reviewed 23 June 2015

I was very much looking forward to visiting Bengal Delight having read some of the reviews, little did I know that their customer service is simply horrendous. I have genuinely never experienced such rude service in the whole of my life. I purchased a Groupon voucher for a three course meal for two people. On the Groupon website it clearly states that you can present the voucher via the mobile app or a printed copy. I decided to utilise the mobile app rather than printing the voucher. We travelled 30 minutes via taxi and when we arrived at Bengal Delight we were faced with the rudest couple of individuals I have ever faced. One appeared to be the manager/owner and the other was a waiter. They rudely advised us that they can only accept printed Groupon vouchers. I explained that upon purchase it stated that they accept the mobile app voucher but he bluntly refused to accept this. I explained that I spent quite a lot of money travelling here by taxi but he simply did not care. He was obnoxious and embarrassed me in front of my wife. He ruined a nice evening which we had planned. Therefore I left without being served and also wasted £20 on taxi fares!

I will never return to this establishment and I will not use my Groupon voucher as a matter of principle. Please avoid this atrocious restaurant like the plague!

2  Thank Al M
Reviewed 5 June 2015

Found this place about half a mile from our hotel. It was empty when we arrived (it was early in the evening) so we got personal attention from the owner. We ordered several dishes and enjoyed all of them. Extensive menu of different kinds of Indian food. Very attentive service, thoroughly enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Lovely cleann place nice food lovely... ♡ nice staff i would definatly return. ....i can for the first time wirh my friend on a sunday nite. Place us nicely decorated and food was very tasty. Food served at a reasonable speed.

1  Thank freddofrog56