2,217 results
All reviews symphony hall full english bull ring nia bullring
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Very dated hotel, makes a mockery of 4* rating it claims, only 2 of the 4 lights worked in the room, and the tv signal kept jumping in and out. The hotel is in the middle the City Centre's major building works which doesn't help. The hotel are offering what you might think is a good deal, it is not, reductions in their 'normal' prices merely reflect all of the above. If you are considering staying at this hotel don't, you will regret it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SimonD4099, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Hi Phillip,

I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy your time at the hotel and as you saw there are multiple developments and challenges all around the property and the city. We have tried to remove the 4* rating but it's not as straight forward as you may think as I agree we are more suited to a 3* offering.

The property will be demolished as part of the development so investment has to be critical. In many the light switches are located in strange position rather than the lights not working but I will look into the room that you stayed in if I can locate it and we will resolve the issue immediately.

Again I apologize for your unsatisfactory visit.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed with this hotel. The reception staff were not particularly helpful. The double room, although clean, was very tired. And despite asking for a quiet room, was allocated one next to the lifts, with an adjoining room. There is very little sound proofing! Not my definition of quiet.

There were also a range of long-term development works going on directly outside the hotel. This makes the hotel difficult to locate and access. But as I was late checking in and early checking out, there was no associated noise.

I doubt I'll be staying again.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear KernowTraveller2,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I'm very sorry that your stay and the hotel failed to live up to your expectations. There have been ongoing building works around the hotel for many years as with many locations across the city currently, I can only apologize for the inconvenience. We are hoping that the hotel will move to brand new premises as part of the local development sometime in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel before I booked the Crown Plaza hotel and cancelled 3 weeks before but when I got to the Crown plaza I found that there was no mkney left in my account. After checking my bank account I gave Booking.com a call and they then gave the Copthorne a call and found out that the Copthorne had charge me full price even though I had cancelled it 3 weeks before. Thank God I some extra cash on me & i had a friend with me who put up the extra cash Looks like there desperate for the money. Would not book there again

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SimonD4099, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear OnAir645807,

I'm really sorry you faced some payment issues but without more information I cant answer your complaint. I can only assume when you booked the Copthorne it was on an advanced purchase rate where payment is taken immediately and is none refundable. If this not the case then please call the reservations team at the hotel and they will do their best to help resolve the issue.

We are here to help.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

I ordered in room food which took me three attempts to get through, then a further 45 minutes to get my pizza with no salad, I tried to call back and it just rang out. When checking out, I had to wait ages and they messed up my final invoice and i’m still waiting on a refund.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com

Dear Go30345250132,

I'm extremely sorry you have had avoidable issues during your stay and please let me know if you are still waiting for your refund and I will do my best to assist.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel needs some serious updating. The staff are lovely the breakfast is good and the beds are very comfortable but the rooms, corridors and common areas are tired and run down. It is in a great location for the ICC and shops etc.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mandy_Reen,

Thanks for the review.

The hotel is showing its age but should have been clean and comfortable. I hope you enjoyed your stay.