1,060 results
All reviews broad street steam room city centre car park spa facilities breakfast was excellent the room was nice hotel is situated comfortable hotel reception staff stayed for one night public areas full english bull ring saturday night new street station morrisons
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My husband and I stayed here after a day's shopping trip. We were absolutely delighted with the experience. The reception area is warm and welcoming rather modern and slick as so many hotels are. We upgraded to a suite which was spacious and well-appointed. All the staff, including housekeeping and breakfast attendants, were helpful and friendly from check in to check out. The breakfast was excellent with a plentiful choice of hot and cold food, including eggs cooked to order by a chef. All in all, it was an unexpectedly relaxing and enjoyable stay. We only live an hour's drive away from Birmingham so usually just have a day trip into the city. After our experience here, we will be tempted to book the occasional treat of an overnight stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Gordon T, Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and have your feedback is well noted and shared with the team.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Nice sized room, reasonably priced. The bar is good and staff very accommodating but when calling to order breakfast in the morning I was told to fill out the order form and put it on the door, then call them to let them know to collect it. All very backwards and I've never encountered this before, furthermore the coffee I wanted wasn't listed on the form. Rooms are, as stated by others, rather outdated and could do with some upgrades. No minibar in the room despite a seemingly designated cupboard area which had the back cut out... overall I would stay again, a bed is a bed, the room was comfortable and the food/service was good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Gordon T, Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Behram Kotwal
Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I was attending a study weekend at the university so decided to stay at the Marriott. I stayed here for 3 nights by myself and felt completely safe. Check in was great; the staff were very friendly. The room was very spacious and very clean! The bed and pillows (I have a thing about pillows!) were really comfortable! Everything you could need in the room. Breakfast was the best part of the stay; staff were so polite and there was a lovely selection of different food: cereals, fruit, cooked breakfast, croissants, freshly made omelettes, etc. Loved it! The ‘spa’ was average: wouldn’t really class it as a ‘spa’ hotel; it is a hotel with a swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room. Certainly would not book this as a spa trip but all the same it was nice to use! There is a security guard on the door but a member of staff could do with walking around checking the floors as there were a group of guests who kept me awake Friday and Saturday night running up and down the corridor On the Friday night, the group came back at 5 o clock in the morning and kept me awake shouting would have been nice for a member of staff at the desk to remind people to keep the noise down and be mindful of other guests! But I can’t mark the hotel down for this because it would not be fair! As a whole the hotel was brilliant, I will definitely stay here again when I return to Birmingham and would recommend anyone to do so!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback and sharing your experience with the Birmingham Marriott Hotel. We do take on board your comments,
we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Behram Kotwal
Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My husband helped convert this old building into the Swallow Hotel some 20 years ago and decided to book it for a weekend trip away. We stayed in a one bedroom suite for the weekend. Our older children joined us for the weekend and the hotel team thoughtfully arranged for them to stay in the adjoining room.
Staff provided fruit and a birthday cake on arrival and were constantly checking we were ok and wishing me happy birthday. We were all made to feel very special.

Room Tip: Suites on top floor are fabulous
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Gordon T, Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip and unfortunately this Marriott didn't make the mark. The room was quite spacious and the bath was big but the furniture is really old and dated. The aircon control looks like something from the 70s. The desk is tiny and there is only 1 socket meaning if you need to boil the kettle you can't charge the laptop. The tv is arranged at an awkward position when watching it from the bed. There are a few power outlets on the floor which render them useless unless you use them for vacuuming the carpet.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Gordon T, Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to give us your valuable feedback and sharing your experience with the Birmingham Marriott Hotel.
Your feedback has been well noted and will definitely be reviewed.
Unfortunately on this instance we have not been able to meet your expectations, leave alone exceeding them.
I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the-future.