1,963 results
All reviews chinese quarter glee club arcadian centre hippodrome theatre bull ring rooms are small new street central location bed was very comfortable new st station train station short stay one night stay would stay again few minutes walk bars and restaurants yogurt
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I booked up a triple room for my two sons and myself in December 2017 for a weekend for the cricket in Birmingham in September 2018 - that's a whole nine months notice. As one of my sons is a wheelchair user, in the additional requirements section, I stated that we needed a fully accessible room. On arrival, we were told that they do not have any triple rooms with disabled facilities, and Ibis only look at the additional requirements on your day of arrival. As this was one of the busiest weekends of the year in Birmingham, we were left stranded. The attitude of the staff was appalling, and they just wanted to pass the blame onto me, rather than taking any accountability for the fact that they should have let me know well in advance that they could not accommodate my needs. The law states that reasonable adjustments must be made for disabled guests, and it really is not unreasonable to expect to receive a phone call well in advance, if my stated requirements cannot be satisfied by the hotel. That would have at least given me the option to find an alternative. Given that Ibis is part of the Accor Group (Novotel, ClubMed, Mercure, Sofitel, Thallasa Spa, Pullman, Movenpick etc.), it is unbelievable that they cannot meet the basic requirements for disabled guests, and treat them as an inconvenience when they arrive. I will never book with the Accor Group again.

Room tip: Never book with this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Good location and very neat environment. I will stay at the hotel again when I’m in Birmingham. The only advice is that the breakfast is cold not as hot as I want and I asked for fried egg, they didn’t make it for me. Apart from that, I enjoyed my stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GM_HotelIBC, Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Jummy B,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am sorry for your breakfast experience, I shared your comments with F&B team; they will make sure that the hot food will be replaced once it is getting too cold. I am however, pleased to see you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We do hope to welcome you back for a more pleasant stay.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This hotel was exactly what we needed while staying in Birmingham over the weekend. We were visiting for the T20 Blast so didn't need anything too plush (as we would not hardly be in the room the whole trip), and this Ibis was therefore perfect for us.

Located opposite Chinatown, around the corner from the Bullring and New Street station, and close to the city centre.

Car parking available underneath the hotel for GBP12.00 per 24 hours.

Staff very friendly on check in and in the bar area.

Room basic but clean with a decent shower.

Only downside (for some) could be the proximity to a nightclub and the constant and very loud noise until 3am - our windows were shaking!

But if you want a decent priced basic hotel with a car park while staying in central Birmingham - this is it..

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear hoopsHarwich,
Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope should you visit Birmingham again that you will choose to stay with us.
Kind Regards, Paula Borkowska, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with a colleague whilst in Birmingham for meetings and an exhibition. I booked the hotel bases on a recent stay in July. Booking system was user friendly and reliable. Upon arrival, check in was fast and efficient with friendly staff who explained the layout, meal times etc. Staff were friendly, efficient, courteous and communicative. Room was spotless as was the bathroom. The TV was easy to work with simple WiFi connection. Net morning we had a long slow meeting over breakfast which wasn't a problem for the staff in the restaurant, who were equally efficient and polite. Check out was effortless and staff wished us well for our day and journey home. Will be back again.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Enda K,
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel, we are delighted you chose to stay with us again after your last visit and enjoyed a great stay this time as well. Your feedback is invaluable to us and we will look forward to welcoming you again for your third visit we hope!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent location.A 5 minute walk from the train station, Bull ring shopping centre around the corner. We visited Digbeth Arena and this was only a 15 minute walk. We were warmly greeted by the hotel staff, everything was explained to us, including various 'must see' places to visit. The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped. Would happily stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 464antheap,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us. It's a pleasure to see our 5 star review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us in our hotel and that you liked our central location. We hope we will welcome you again in the future.