1,994 results
All reviews chinese quarter glee club arcadian centre hippodrome theatre bull ring rooms are small new street central location bed was very comfortable new st station train station short stay one night stay few minutes walk would stay again bars and restaurants tea and coffee
Reviewed 28 May 2015

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
JoannaGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis Birmingham Centre New Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Reviewed 23 May 2015

the hotel is well located and looks nice from outside.
Rooms are shabby and I could hear a disco all night aa well as my neighbour's television. Breakfeast was horrible and for the first time in my life, I had cold baked beans. Waitress was only taking names and not paying any attention to the food.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by the noise and that the temperature of baked beans was not as expected. I have shared your feedback with breakfast team accordingly. We are also in regular contact both with Arcadian Centre management as well as with the relevant person in Licensing Department of Birmingham Local Policing Unit and I have shared your feedback with both parties already.

I hope that this incident has not affected your views on the Ibis brand and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 23 May 2015

Easy access to city . Expected it to be quite loud but pleasantly surprised by how quiet the area in Chinese quarter was. City has and is undergoing major work but nothing to spoil the experience of Birmingham

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and did not experience any noise issues. It is saddening to see that you are not planning to stay with us in the future.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you in our other ibis hotels or Accor brands.

Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

Nice rooms, ideally located for people wanting a night out, situated just off hurst street.

The hotel is five minutes walk to New Street train station so ideal if you are attending events at the NEC as I was. Trains are around every ten to fifteen minutes to NEC.

Room was comfortable, and great shower. Staff friendly, and accommodating.

Rooms clean, and tidy. Rooms were a tad cool, and heaters in them were not overly effective.

Not all good news I am afraid check in was horrendous. Took twenty minutes. On arrival there appeared to have been a coach trip that had arrived. That can't have been helped however the way the staff dealt with it was comical. Only one person or group being checked in at a time. No order to the que, people pushing in. There was seven members of staff behind the counter at one point. One staff checking in, three watching him. When I did eventually make it to the front of the que, the member is staff seemed surprised I wasn't with the coach trip, and passed me on to one of the staff who had been watching him check in. It wasn't as if I could have made it to the front with out queueing, which is why I make the point about no order to the que.

All in all a nice stay, and would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Julian158158

Dear Julian,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our proximity to NEC convenient. I have also shared your feedback with housekeeping and reception teams. I am very sorry to see that you got mixed up with the group check-in and despite number of receptionists available, we did not speed up the check-in process for you. We have taken your comments on board.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

The room in this hotel was everything I normally expect from an ibis hotel - decent bed, clean room and bathroom and a reasonable room size. However, the rooms are not soundproof. I could hear noise from the corridor and the windows in the room faced a night club! There was a lot of noise coming from there during the night, specially from the bathroom window. I could hear it coming from there even though the door was shut. I was happy with the room rate, until the noise started bothering me. If is is going to be that noisy, those rooms should be sold at a much lower rate!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Anovais,

Thank you for your review which we were sorry to receive. It seems that the noise issue generated by night clubs surrounding the hotel is the main cause of your dissatisfaction. I would like to sincerely apologise for the noise problems you experienced. We are in regular contact both with Arcadian Centre management as well as with the relevant person in Licensing Department of Birmingham Local Policing Unit and I have shared your feedback with both parties already.

We added secondary glazing to our double glazed windows facing Arcadian Centre, in order to minimalize the negative noise impact. We log every noise complaint we receive in order to communicate that accordingly to emphasize the scale of the problem. We are doing our very best looking at possible solutions minimalizing the negative impact of our central location.