2,352 results
All reviews the club lounge pillow menu car park booked a club room city centre new street station building work building site two double beds air con broad street room service business hotel good size mail box continental breakfast brindley place
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at a few hotels in Birmingham but my favorite had to be the Crowne Plaza. I always get a warm welcome and often get an upgrade. Some of the rooms have new Air Con which the staff always try to allocate me in advance. The breakfast is excellent and the two ladies who host the breakfast are real stars so friendly and recognise their regulars and greet them like returning friends.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rickiedickie
SamanthaP3028, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we really appreciate it.

It is great to hear you feel welcomed every time you stay, and you have enjoyed the new AC system - thank you for your feedback about them.

I will pass your lovely comments onto the team in breakfast they will be very happy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of weeks.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Our son is at the University of Birmingham so pop up to the city a few times during the year and generally stay at this hotel. This time, we stayed on a Friday night in a Club Room no 1027. I requested a quiet zone away from the lift and that is what I got.
Anyway, we arrived in Birmingham early, around 1pm and on the off chance rang the hotel to see if we could check in. No problems our room was ready. After a very pleasant check in we went to our room to drop our luggage off and then went straight back out.

We went back to the hotel around 6pm and straight into the Club Lounge for happy hour. There were some nibbles, which weren't very exciting so we didn't have any. Also, two different types of lager were on offer, along with some spirits and some wine. I have to say the waitress in the lounge was absolutely brilliant (we stayed on 261018) and was constantly walking around clearing up and asking if we needed a refill. She was non stop. We left the lounge and went to the bar for a couple of drinks. The bar was pretty quiet apart from a group of chaps who came in later swearing and shouting but the management moved them on after we mentioned it to the bar staff.

When we went back to the room, the temperature was quite warm, even with the air con set at 18. Having used different rooms here before, I knew the air con should have been much better but we opened our window and that cooled the room down. As we were on the back side of the hotel, it was very quiet. The TV wasn't really up for the job. When we switched it on, the picture took ages to stabilise and the sports channels were unwatchable although in fairness, it was just white noise in the background whilst I was on the internet.

We had ordered 2 extra soft pillows but when we took them out of the plastic packaging, we found stains on both pillow cases. They were laundered but the stains seemed ingrained. All we did was transfer some pillow cases from our hard pillows to the new soft ones.

I had booked the room only rate as if I have breakfast, I find the continental in the club Lounge more than sufficient. However, on a weekend, breakfast in the lounge doesn't start until 8am. We had to be away earlier than this so reception suggested I could order a breakfast to go (I am a Gold member, which is one of the perks apparently). Anyway, breakfast in a bag was delivered to our room at 6.30am in a bag, all freshly made. Very impressed.

Upon check out we were asked to rate our stay from 1-10. I could have complained about the air con and the pillow cases but in reality, we sorted the issues out ourselves and this didn't detract from our stay so gave a 9. There are flaws with the hotel but I find the staff more than make up for the issues.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank beaudog96
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Room was spacious and clean, bath cosmetics were really nice, and I brought home some bottles of body milk, they smell very charming, breakfast was tasty and bottles of water and coffe are included in room price.

Trip type: Travelled on business
SamanthaP3028, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Good Afternoon,

Firstly thank you for staying in Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and leaving feedback about your stay. We cater thousands of guests weekly and only few provide feedback that is very important to us, and we really appreciate you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

It is great to hear you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

This hotel is the friendliest I have ever stayed in. Right from the minute we walking into reception we were made to feel that it really mattered that we enjoyed our stay. The doormen were excellent and assisted my husband as I use a mobility scooter and they asked how everything was each time we saw them over the 3 days we were there. The 2 Ladies that show you to your table at breakfast were so friendly and again asked if there was anything they could get for us they had the restaurant running like a clock they work so hard.

Room tip: All rooms are quiet we were near lift but never heard it
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon Jean A,

It is great to hear you had a comfortable stay and the team made you feel welcome, I will be sure to pass your positive feedback onto our concierge & breakfast team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Guest Relations Member

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We got a great deal online of £111 for a room for 2 adults and 2 grandchildren.
We were up for Disney on ice at the arena and it is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
The staff were excellent and so polite.
We had room 505 and it had two double beds .
We found the air conditioning too warm but after turning it off had a comfortable nights sleep.
The downside is the absence of tea and coffee making equipment.
The breakfast was £10 each for adults and free for under 14' s.
Plenty of choice and unlimited buffet style.
Easy walking distance from New st station so ideal location.
As a club member got free WiFi .
Would recommend this hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family

Good Afternoon Gatzy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive & detailed review.

It is great to hear that you and your family had such a lovely stay with us, and enjoyed the show.

The tea & coffee is in the wardrobe on a tray, just in case you book again with us.

Thank you again for your lovely comments.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.