2,326 results
All reviews the club lounge pillow menu car park booked a club room city centre new street station building work two double beds air con broad street room service business hotel mail box continental breakfast brindley place saturday night symphony hall
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for the second time in the last 2 years ! Hoped it would have improved but no it’s not my cup of tea . It’s so dark as an ex miner I’ve been in lighter coal mines .

Trying to find the car park is like an episode of Chrystal Maze , and the view of 15 earth moving machines and 2 cranes is to behold .

The food was ok if they had thought to cook the chips, it would have been better .

Our room smelled of smoke and just felt grotty

The staff are nice enough but I really struggle to give this place a two points
!!

Never again !!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
DavidSeed3, Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Kevin H, thankyou for taking the time to leave a review we cater to thousands of guests a week & very few take the time to let us know about their experiences. While I thank you for your positive comments about the staff my apologies if you were disappointed with the other aspects of your stay. The hotel being dark is not a complaint I've had before. The corridors have motion sensors to save energy so are dark when not in use, but we have all areas of the hotel lit up & all rooms have a desk light, free standing light, spotlights & reading lights in them, we could also provide more if you'd like them, my apologies if your room smelt of smoke, we are a non-smoking hotel so do not allow guests to smoke in the building & actively try to prevent this. Although would like to hear any specific comments about your room that you were disappointed with. Unfortunately we do not have a car park & I appreciate the building work in Birmingham is extremely disruptive to the city centre if you are unfamiliar with the area.

Kind Regards
David Seed
Deputy General Manager
David.seed@cpbhamcity.com

Reviewed 12 September 2018

The staff were all very polite and helpful (I had some VERY noisy neighbours), room was clean and bed comfortable, decent bathroom with good water pressure in the shower.

Downsides - building work all around hotel was noisy, air conditioning in room was also noisy. Food very disappointing; sausage and mash very salty, pork chop so tough it could be used as a doorstop! Finally - the bar was really expensive; a pint of Coke costing £4.50!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
SamanthaP3028, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Good Evening 607tbrown,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre.

Our apologies if the food let your stay down on this occasion, we do normally get very positive feedback about this so my sincere apologies that this was not the case on this occasion. I have passed your comments through to our Head Chef to review. Our apologies again for the noisy neighbours! I am glad to read that you enjoyed the room and bathroom facilities during your stay.

Thank you for your lovely feedback about our team I will be sure to pass this through to them, they will really appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

This is a very handy and not too expensive hotel in the centre of Birmingham. The room was comfortable and quiet with all the features you'd expect in a room. There is a relaxing bar and large restaurant on the ground floor. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Good Evening Jimmuswell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit, and I will be sure to share your comments with all of our team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The hotel is right in the city centre, about 5 minutes’ walk from New St. There is a lot of building work currently going on around the hotel but, as we were there on a Saturday night, there wasn’t any noise from this. We had travelled by train but I understand the car park at the hotel is currently not available.

The hotel itself is smart and the staff were all really helpful and friendly. As Club members, we had free WiFi, which was a bit slow at first but quicker the next morning.

We stayed in a Club room on the 11th floor and found it really comfortable. The drinks in the lounge were great and the continental breakfast in there the following morning was relaxing.

We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I would say it’s definitely worth paying a bit extra to upgrade to a club room.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Evening Jo T,

Firstly thank you for staying in Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and leaving feedback about your stay. We cater thousands of guests weekly and only few provide feedback that is very important to us, and we really appreciate you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

It is great to hear you had a comfortable stay and you enjoyed the Club Lounge & Room, I will be sure to pass your positive feedback onto our team as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Good = staff who are friendly and attentive. Bad and ugly = lift problem....breaking down, sticking between floors, people being rescued, no option of using stairs other than dirty, and concerningly dimly lit fire escape full of cobwebs and grime, constant loud gurgling of showers as if drains backing up, building site at the rear....amongst other things.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Good Evening Jochg2016,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent stay.

We take all feedback seriously and have recently changed our lift engineer company reference to this, I am happy to report all of our lifts are back in working order now - our sincere apologies that this caused you an inconvenience during your stay.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our team I will be sure to pass this on.