“Overnight concert stay”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is great and so is the breakfast. If I had a complaint it is all the work going on in the area ( no fault of the hotel) it took 50mins to do less than half a mile and it was not even rush hour. There is currently no parking onsite which is a little bit of a pain but hopefully when all the work in the area is complete the hotel will get some kind of parking.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Surya G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear kevhall1902,

Thank you for your kind and considerate feedback regarding your stay. It is unfortunate that there is no parking right next to the hotel anymore but as you mentioned yourself all these works around the hotel is completely out of our control and hopefully in the near future, the car park situation will be better. We hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was not staying at the hotel but attending a conference. I was running a little late and had to park my car on the road near the hotel.,

I'd missed coffee, but the kind gentleman from the concierge team (I think) , arranged a coffee, then went on to make recommendations on where to park my car. Seeing I was a little stressed he suggested I found him before moving car at reception and he would give me directions.

I did this and he gave me a map and was super helpful. I'm sorry I don't have his name. Quite tall young man. Very helpful and a credit to your team. He was calm and kind. I hope my thanks get to him, as in a busy World the small things mean a lot. I'm sure he will recall our me to you conversation!

Thank you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Surya G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear brooks_7,

Thank you so much for this incredible and personal feedback of your experience at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. The tall staff member you are referring to is Jaspal (concierge) and he passed on his thanks and gratitude for this kind feedback.

We always try to treat and look after our guests individually and provide them personalised service although it is not always easy with 400-500 guest in the hotel on most occasion. We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been staying here for 7months and tonight is the first time I have had to complain. Waited over 45 minutes for a sandwich to arrive and it was shocking. Ordered basic cheese sandwich and 45 mins later it was 3 pieces of cheese with mayonnaise slapped in it. However informed the bar staff who were apologetic and refunded the sandwich. This is not normally the case for this hotel as all staff are fantastic and I feel let down by this sandwich which was dished out tonight.

I am a fussy eater and normally eat same food each night. Hotel was busy with food orders but still no excuse for the quality that was delivered tonight.

Dear Mr Stones,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent experience with the food service at our hotel. It is really disappointing to read that yesterday evening you did not receive the good quality of food that we generally offer.

I would like to sincerely apologise on behalf of our kitchen and food & beverage team and can assure you that your feedback has now been shared with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager to investigate and action on the issue highlighted.

We really appreciate your loyalty as an Spire Elite member towards IHG and to our hotel.

I am aware that you have always mentioned positive things about our food and service in the past and we do hope that you will give us another chance to show you that this previous experience with food was just an exception.

I am also glad that this morning Jessica at check out acknowledged and apologised for the inconvenience caused and offered you a resolution that you gladly accepted. The points have now been credited to your account and will reflect in next 3-5 business days.

We hope you will give us another chance in the near future. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many times due to its convenient location a short walk from New Street station, the main shopping area and the Gas Street canal area. The rooms and could do with some refurbishment and look a little tired in places, but are comfortable and have generally good soundproofing. Staff are friendly and helpful. Large parts of central Birmingham are being regenerated at present so be prepared for the construction taking place around the hotel. Overall, a good choice for business.

Dear traveller_constant,

Thank you for your review of our property and regarding your experience staying with us. It is really nice of you to recommend us as a good business hotel and that you found our location to be central. You are correct in saying that the city centre is going through re-generation but we do try to ensure for any outside work not to impact our guests or our service.
We are in the middle of soft-refurbishment within the hotel where we are working to improve the overall condition of the corridors, rooms and bathrooms.
We do hope that you will give us another chance by staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at both over two weeks and would book the HI Express next time, as breakfast at the Crowne Plaza is £10 each, whereas it is included at the HI Express. Yes, there is more choice at the Crowne Plaza, but in the end it is a meal. Rooms larger at the Crowne Plaza, but (again) we were just looking for somewhere to sleep. Nothing wrong with this hotel, pleasant staff etc., but as the HI Express is literally just round the corner, I know where I will book next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kath B,

Thank you for your brief feedback about Crowne Plaza and H I Express Birmingham.
It is nice to know that you liked both hotels and enjoyed your stays in both places.

Both brands are quite distinctive and have their own strengths and positives.

Fortunately, they both own and managed by same company and we will be happy to have you in any of these properties.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.