Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$74
US$45
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Free Internet
US$122
US$113
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$57
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

US$119
US$66
  • Breakfast included
US$95
US$83
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$166
US$154
  • Pool
2,245 results
All reviewsthe club loungepillow menucar parkbooked a club roomcity centrenew street stationtwo double bedsbuilding workbroad streetair conroom servicebusiness hotelmail boxcontinental breakfastbrindley placesaturday nightironing board
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Excellent, centrally-located hotel which has recently been refurbished to a very high standard. I got a cheap rate online through an agent which caused minor glitch at check-in. Manager was very apologetic and attentive (Mr. Wong) and soon had everything sorted out for me with the minimum of fuss.

Rooms are top-notch, with nice extras (like toiletries in the bathroom, free bottles of water, tea making equipment and biscuits, iron and ironing board in each room). Room service is available 24 hours and there's a stocked minibar in the room.

The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioning was effective, and the double glazing and thick curtains blocked out any noise and light meaning I had a perfect sleep.

Breakfast was also superb. All the usual hot buffet items, fruit, cold meats, continental options, cereal, toast etc plus you get one choice off the menu included. I opted for the delicious freshly-made waffles.

Overall, a great stay for me at the Crowne Plaza on a very cheap rate. If I'm in Birmingham again it would be my first choice and I would even be willing to pay full price!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2009

What great value for money this hotel is fabulous. Bedrooms are luxurious and beautifully furnished.So is the bathroom. The breakfast was totally amazing and with a lovely relaxing atmosphere. Really enjoyed our stay and would definately stay here again. Easily walk to everywhere from here. If there was one grumble it was having to pay £13 to park my car in the hotel carpark for the night I think it should be free if you are staying at the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and it is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. It was a short walk to the centre of Birmingham and just around the corner from the Mailbox with the designer shops and canal with restaurants and bars. The hotel was spotless and the rooms and decor very modern. It was excellent value for money at £63 a night through octopus travel. We would definately visit again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerB1, Front of House Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2009

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us after your recent stay.

We are glad that you have chosen our hotel for your special anniversary and enjoyed the location and overall facilities.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Akmal Shahzad

Reviewed 8 September 2009

Nice place, central location, (mostly) very friendly staff, well maintained, clean, comfortable rooms, reasonably priced.

Only negative experience: one of the bar staff fobbed my children off (in front of me) with a very limited selection of ice creams. Luckily there was another SUPERB bartender (from Lincolnshire??) who immediately - upon seeing the disappointed child - made a big show (in a positive way) of running to the kitchen and coming back with a long list of ice cream flavours..... Result - a POSITIVE experience (for father and child).... Well done!

Other (very slight) negative experience: upon arrival, reception was not very busy, but I ended up waiting longer when I chose to join the 'Express Gold Card whatever deluxe check-in' queue. Reception staff first helped every single person waiting in the other area (including those arriving after us) before coming over to the Express area for loyalty customers..... Not the best practical interpretation of a loyalty / incentive programme.

Otherwise this place is absolutely excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Dear Nossi,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind review following your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City.

Great to read that you have enjoyed our comfortable bedroom, central location and the great value for money.

Its your comments that pushes us forward. Your Bar experience will be shared with the staff to ensure the feedback is taken on board and the employee who provided the outstanding service gets rewarded.

Our Priority Check in service is available only for Gold and Platinum members and your feedback will be discussed with the Reception Manager to make this service more effective.

Once again, thank you for staying and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Akmal Shahzad

Reviewed 1 September 2009

I have stayed here many times.

Now that the refurbishments are completed, this has to be one of the best hotels in the city (at this price).

I love:

The location
The jolly staff
The exec lounge
The rooms

I don't like:

The nonsense air-conditioners in the rooms. Imagine having an air conditioning system made in the '60s, that sounds like a tractor, that doesn't do much by way of cooling. Get the picture? I'm prepared to put up with that because I think that the place is just great.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business