“Good value for money, great location”

Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel is perfectly located for the shopping and nightlife of Birmingham city centre. All the staff that we encountered were helpful friendly and efficient. We stayed here with our 2 boys, the room was clean and had lovely comfortable beds. In the bathroom there were plenty of nice fluffy towels and a great power shower. Our boys used the free 30 minutes wi fi on their I Pods and it was only £3.00 for a full days wi fi.
We paid the extra £22.00 which included breakfast for all four of us and 3 course evening meal with a drink for myself and my husband.The evening meal was goood value and they had a good childrens menu which was really reasonably priced. Breakfast was as good as i have had in many higher star hotels.
Our only gripe was with some thoughtless guests that came in arguing at 4 am but this was not the fault of the hotel.
This was our first encounter with Premier Inn and we were really happy with our stay, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank potleg
PIbirmingham, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Many thanks for your comments from your stay with us here at Premier Inn Waterloo Street.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our menu appetising. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed your premier breakfast, we now have hash browns, cranberry juice and alternative muffins available if you are looking to visit again!

Many thanks

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel in December 2010 when I was in Birmingham for a concert and chose it based on it's location near the train station.
Check in was straightforward and the room was clean and well presented. We booked a twin room and were presented with a double bed and a single bed pushed up against a wall like it has just been added there, it didn't matter because it was comfortable.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and I would quite happily stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review on Premier Inn, Waterloo street. We are pleased to hear the you enjoyed your stay here with us. Due to the type of beds we have here at Waterloo street this is how our twin rooms are set up, however, both beds have the same type of matress and we are glad you found them comfortable.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here once before. Huge room, amazing view of the (Anglican, there are two) Cathedral. Wonderfully quiet. Everything works and everything is clean. Location is perfect - near New Street station, charming position at top of (sloping) Temple Street opposite St Philip's Square.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the corner of Temple Street are better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent review on Premier Inn, Waterloo street. We are pleased to hear you came back and enjoyed your stay again! When you are next in the area, if you give us a call before your arrival we can do our best to ensure you stay in the same room!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Recently me and my husband stayed at this wonderful hotel due to its prime location in the city centre. I am disabled and the room i was given was spacious and clean i was able to access it easily with my wheelchair without embarrassing myself by asking for assisstance. We were greeted by a friendly smile at the reception who was helpful and informative of the hotel ad restaurants facilities, i think her name was donna she also helped my husband find a local carpark and offered me all the assisstance i would need if i required it.
The room as i said was clean and comfortable and i was made aware of any extra pillows or blankets etc that i might need. In the morning we went down to breakfast and was greeted immediately by the night staff a delightful young man who although had been working all through the night was smiling and rather chipper. He indicated where breakfast was held and that his brother would be there working and would explain the breakfast to us.
The gentleman that greeted us at breakfast was named jerry or joey my husband and i have argued over this but i'm certain he was called joey. He greeted us with a warm welcome and asked how are stay was. He offered us a table as close to the buffet as possible and also rearranged the table and chairs so i could easily approach it with my wheelchair. After explain the procedure of breakfast he then offered to carry anything back to the table for me when i declined he fetched me a tray so that it would be safer and easier for me to transport my breakfast he was attentive and extremely charming. Upon Check out he also asked us whether we would come again and hoped to see us return soon and wished us a safe journey home.
I have never felt so at home in hotel before and i will definately be returning and recommending waterloo street premier inn to my friends. The team are an asset to the company and i wish them all the best.

Room Tip: Reception are attentive to all needs and thrive to meet all requests.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Hi Bethan,

Thankyou for your great feedback regarding your stay with us here at Premier Inn Waterloo Street. I am really pleased to hear you found the team here attentive and helpful to enjoying your stay.

I will pass your comments on to Donna and Joey and to the rest of the team and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Right in the centre of Brum, I wa booked in via my PA and thought, oh no, what has she done when I pulled up outside and the bells were raining loudly. Triple glazed room soon put my mind a rest. Restaurant was a bit pricey, but the food was tasty and service very good. Will definitely use this again when in the area.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Alan D
PIbirmingham, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for your recent review on Premier Inn, Waterloo street. We are pleased to hear the church bells did not disturb your sleep and that you will be returning to us on future visits. If you call ahead we can give you a room thats further away from the church bells if this is what you would prefer!

Many Thanks