“Wow ! ”
Review of Raja Monkey

Raja Monkey
Reserve with OpenTable
Raja Monkey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 2,384 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$14 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Get closer to the real India at Birmingham's most vibrant road-side cafe. Feast on true classic curries from India's far-flung corners or explore the wonderful flavour variety of our Thalis, the undoubted stars of the show.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited based on previous trip advisor reviews. Pre booked a table for four.
Food was beautiful . Staff very friendly
Will definitely be a regular visitor from now on

1  Thank Rubyreg
LasanGRP_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Raja Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Rubyreg,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We're so glad you chose to give Raja Monkey a try and so happy you had such a delightful dining experience Here's to welcoming you back again very soon for your next culinary pampering session.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went here with family last week. I think this restaurant serves the tastiest curry in Birmingham. I’ve been to many, many curry restaurants in the City & this one is fantastic!
We all had Thali. The mutton Thali was wonderful- tasty mutton, with yummy dhall, rice, vegetable side dish, roti & salad.
My cousin had a kebab thali which was also divine. We shared a dessert which was a selection of Indian sweets & finished with a really good strong cup of tea.
The staff were respectful & attentive. The chefs can be seen working very hard, cooking everything from scratch.
I will definitely be returning to this place, it’s not local to where I live, but it’s worth the journey!
Highly recommended.

1  Thank melanie c
LasanGRP_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Raja Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Melanie,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We're so happy to hear you had such a wonderful dining experience at Raja Monkey and we hope we'll be having the pleasure of your company again very soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

First time visit for me, but my partner has been many times. I loved it.... it’s quirky, being able to see the kitchen is awesome too.
The food was fresh and well presented and tasted delicious and flavoursome. The restaurant has a lovely relaxed feel to it.... we will be returning sometime very soon!

2  Thank kebabaa
LasanGRP_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Raja Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear kebabaa,

Thank you for choosing Raja Monkey and for taking the time this glowing review. We're so happy to hear your first dining experience with us was such a fabulous one and we're looking forward to having the pleasure of your company again very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our food and atmosphere here. The food was light flavoursome and fresh.
I was hoping to have a few nice cocktails or such like with my meal but the alcoholic menu is frankly disappointing and very limited. Which, if your like me and wanted to enjoy food and drink let’s it down a little.
I’d recommend any of the dishes however the pani puri and mattar paneer deserve a special mention as they were delicious!
Staff were courteous and very attentive without intruding on us so all in all a great evening was had by all!

Dear Meera,

Thank you so much for this sparkling review and we're over the moon to hear you had such a great dining experience. We're sorry to hear you felt the limited drinks menu was a bit of a let-down. We take our lead from what most of our guests want and, having had a more extensive drinks in the past, it didn't really appeal, so we pared it down. We do hope well be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Visited again after a years absence. It’s still excellent. I had the tandoori grill thali and my wife had the Korma thali. Plus poppadoms, two Kulfi for dessert, two beers and two wines and all came to about £50. Great value especially when it’s almost certainly one of the most authentic south Asian restaurants in the Uk.

1  Thank Lorcano
LasanGRP_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Raja Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Lorcano,

Thank you so much for visiting Raja Monkey again and for taking the time to pen this delightful review. We're so happy to hear you had such a wonderful dining experience yet again and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.