Jurys Inn Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

US$124
US$77
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$127
Hotels.com
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$53
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$78
  • Breakfast included
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$66
  • Breakfast included
US$47
US$45
Novotel Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$74
US$121
US$102
Novotel
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$183
US$153
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstudy centregarden roomselly oakpeaceful place to staygeorge cadburywonderful libraryrefectory stylepeace and quietfrequent busesthe main housebirmingham city centrebus stoptea coffee making facilitiesbusy roadcomfortable roomlounge areafire alarm
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I have visited Woodbrooke several times now with Coventry Quakers. I always say I want to come back just for B&B but life seems to get in the way. Which is what Woodbrooke is such an antidote to! It is such a calm peaceful and restful place. The bedrooms are simple, no prizes for posh décor but functional, quiet, clean and very comfy and cosy with kettle etc, wifi and good en suite. There is an excellent and interesting library. The best place for me is the garden room, a beautiful airy light conservatory (NO muzak! Heaven!) with lovely furniture, free papers, a whizzo coffee machine and cakes, biscuits and fruit. There is a large selection of papers along with jigsaws, knitting, crafty things etc or you can just sit and read, surf or look out at the window onto the beautiful grounds. We just sat around and chatted, did yoga in the room we had booked for our group, and enjoyed the delicious food that Woodbrooke is renowned for. You can come here on a course (see website) or just to stay, you don't have to be a Quaker, just someone who enjoys peace and quiet, nice food and chilling. (NB I think WB is an alcohol free zone? There is a TV lounge - tucked away, some rooms have TV, and the wifi is good so...) The grounds are beautiful and there is a lovely walled kitchen garden. It is easy to reach from New St station, frequent buses, although the website page needs correcting about this! (Whoever wrote the train / bus directions, clearly has not done it!) A half hour bus ride, £2.40, no big deal, Birmingham public transport is excellent. All in all this is a lovely place to go if you feel you need some time out for whatever reason. You can be by yourself, or seek the company of like minded folk if you wish.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the garden will be quieter. excellent wifi all areas
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jared S, Sales Co-ordinator at Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Alison P,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate you highlighting the best bits of your stay - particularly the mention of our extensive course programme.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we look forward to your next stay and hope that it is as pleasent as the previous one.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I came to Birmingham on business and decided to stay at Woodbrooke. I'd been once before for a Quaker retreat and this time was just coming to use the B&B facilities. It was a lovely welcome with the resident Friend (a volunteer Quaker) greeting me after I checked in at reception to show me to my room. My ensuite single was cosy - a bit warm but with a lovely view of the garden. After settling in, I wandered down to enjoy the garden which is lovely - so peaceful and green. And then I made my way to the tea room/conservatory where I took advantage of the free newspapers to read with a cuppa. Dinner was simple and healthy with fishcake and ample veg and salad. It was nice to be able to relax and read at dinner on my own but if I had felt like it, I'm sure I could have sat at a communal table with other visitors and/or volunteers and struck up a conversation. That's one thing I very much enjoyed - being able to be on my own but still feeling a sense of companionship. After dinner, I read more in the conservatory and then enjoyed the short evening Epilogue (a sort of prayer time for Quakers where there is silence and sometimes music and poetry). Had a quick chat with fellow Quakers and then up to bed where I slept very soundly. Morning breakfast was ample and I then rang a cab to take me to my meeting. Checking out was easy and the receptionist was helpful when I realised I had left my phone charger in the room after I checked out. Woodbrooke has a 'home from home' feel. The rooms are abit small but the conservatory has many sofa's and chairs and is set up for comfortable reading and relaxing so you needn't feel stuck in your room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mscoachbeth,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate you hightlighting the best bits of your stay!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Located just outside Birmingham in Selly Oak, there is a handy bus stop for routes to the city centre and QE Hospital. Friendly staff were on hand to show us round when we arrived. Our twin room was in a separate house in the grounds with access via the room card security system. It was light and clean with modern furniture, plenty of table lamps/sockets, kettle for tea/coffee making, hooks and a wardrobe. The extensive gardens have chairs dotted around for relaxing, reading, meditating etc. There is a bright modern lounge overlooking the garden, adjacent to the dining room where you can help yourself to drinks, fruit and cake. The choice of hot and cold food available at breakfast is very good, catering for omnivores like myself and every other diet I can think of. The wi-fi worked well. The ensuite shower room was very compact but preferable to sharing a bathroom, I think. I would have liked to have a tv to check on the news and weather but the website warned us there weren't any in the rooms. We can thoroughly recommend and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room in Holland House overlooked the garden, rather than the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jared S, Sales Co-ordinator at Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Karen L,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay at Woodbrooke and thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I met a friend here but didn't stay all evening, but from what I seen the room he stayed in was clean, light and a good size room, very neutral and quiet. The staff were really friendly on check in and the waiting area was clean, tidy and nice to sit in. I'd come and stay here alone or again with friends.

The building looks lovely, and I can imagine it would be great if you came on a retreat or something similar.

Good price too and it only cost approx £9 taxi to Birmingham city centre back at 2am so easy access into town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sapphire2829,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for highlighting our easy access directly into Birmingham City Centre.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we hope you do choose to stay at Woodbrooke again very soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

A very pleasant stay in a very pleasant environment . Thank you. We will definitely come again. A great location really handy for the University of Birmingham.
Great grounds which are a real surprise in the urban environment.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jared S, Sales Co-ordinator at Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear chforsyth,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found our location useful for the University of Birmingham.