Jurys Inn Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$57
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$131
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
  • Breakfast included
US$47
US$45
US$124
US$77
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$112
US$102
Novotel
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Novotel Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$183
US$153
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstudy centregarden roomselly oakpeaceful place to staygeorge cadburywonderful libraryrefectory stylepeace and quietfrequent busesthe main housebirmingham city centrebus stoptea coffee making facilitiesbusy roadcomfortable roomlounge areafire alarm
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I came to Birmingham on business and decided to stay at Woodbrooke. I'd been once before for a Quaker retreat and this time was just coming to use the B&B facilities. It was a lovely welcome with the resident Friend (a volunteer Quaker) greeting me after I checked in at reception to show me to my room. My ensuite single was cosy - a bit warm but with a lovely view of the garden. After settling in, I wandered down to enjoy the garden which is lovely - so peaceful and green. And then I made my way to the tea room/conservatory where I took advantage of the free newspapers to read with a cuppa. Dinner was simple and healthy with fishcake and ample veg and salad. It was nice to be able to relax and read at dinner on my own but if I had felt like it, I'm sure I could have sat at a communal table with other visitors and/or volunteers and struck up a conversation. That's one thing I very much enjoyed - being able to be on my own but still feeling a sense of companionship. After dinner, I read more in the conservatory and then enjoyed the short evening Epilogue (a sort of prayer time for Quakers where there is silence and sometimes music and poetry). Had a quick chat with fellow Quakers and then up to bed where I slept very soundly. Morning breakfast was ample and I then rang a cab to take me to my meeting. Checking out was easy and the receptionist was helpful when I realised I had left my phone charger in the room after I checked out. Woodbrooke has a 'home from home' feel. The rooms are abit small but the conservatory has many sofa's and chairs and is set up for comfortable reading and relaxing so you needn't feel stuck in your room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jared S, Sales Co-ordinator at Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Mscoachbeth,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate you hightlighting the best bits of your stay!

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we look forward to your next stay and hope that it is as pleasent as the previous one.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Located just outside Birmingham in Selly Oak, there is a handy bus stop for routes to the city centre and QE Hospital. Friendly staff were on hand to show us round when we arrived. Our twin room was in a separate house in the grounds with access via the room card security system. It was light and clean with modern furniture, plenty of table lamps/sockets, kettle for tea/coffee making, hooks and a wardrobe. The extensive gardens have chairs dotted around for relaxing, reading, meditating etc. There is a bright modern lounge overlooking the garden, adjacent to the dining room where you can help yourself to drinks, fruit and cake. The choice of hot and cold food available at breakfast is very good, catering for omnivores like myself and every other diet I can think of. The wi-fi worked well. The ensuite shower room was very compact but preferable to sharing a bathroom, I think. I would have liked to have a tv to check on the news and weather but the website warned us there weren't any in the rooms. We can thoroughly recommend and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room in Holland House overlooked the garden, rather than the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jared S, Sales Co-ordinator at Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Karen L,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay at Woodbrooke and thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I met a friend here but didn't stay all evening, but from what I seen the room he stayed in was clean, light and a good size room, very neutral and quiet. The staff were really friendly on check in and the waiting area was clean, tidy and nice to sit in. I'd come and stay here alone or again with friends.

The building looks lovely, and I can imagine it would be great if you came on a retreat or something similar.

Good price too and it only cost approx £9 taxi to Birmingham city centre back at 2am so easy access into town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sapphire2829,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for highlighting our easy access directly into Birmingham City Centre.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we hope you do choose to stay at Woodbrooke again very soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

A very pleasant stay in a very pleasant environment . Thank you. We will definitely come again. A great location really handy for the University of Birmingham.
Great grounds which are a real surprise in the urban environment.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jared S, Sales Co-ordinator at Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear chforsyth,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found our location useful for the University of Birmingham.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Overview: The staff is mostly nice and friendly but the stay was not great because of the heat of the rooms w/o AC in the summer. I brought this up and didn't care for the response. Wifi is patchy.

Pros: full breakfast buffet included, lovely grounds, hot water and pressure in shower are good, interesting history of building

Cons: very warm third floor rooms with no fans or AC. Wifi has a lot of issues. Location is inconvenient to most things.

Elaboration on main points: wifi kept kicking me off so I was unknowingly draining my data. The rooms are all (?--So I was told) on the third floor so this means that even if it is a reasonable 75 degrees outside it gets quite warm and does not cool off in the rooms. The drapes are very light and don't block out the sun. This means that it will probably wake you up at 5am when the sun comes up in the summer and fails to provide extra protection from the warmth throughout the day. I was also on the side of the building facing the busy road so leaving the window open at night was not an option because of noise. I barely slept my first two nights because of warmth/brightness which was unfortunate because I was in town for a conference and gave a presentation short on sleep after my first night.

On day 3 I asked to switch rooms and did not appreciate the defensive response. I was told first "well you know how it is in England, if you don't like the weather, wait a day." I told her it had been 2 nights. She retorted "oh you should have told us yesterday because we had more rooms." Ironic! Wait a day but if you do then you waited too long! Obviously I didn't appreciate this after two days of little sleep. They were unable to give me a new room but they did let me borrow a fan. These should come standard in the rooms. The fan was at least enough to get me through the night (but with brightness still up at 5!)

Because of the forced early mornings I usually tried to take mid-morning naps before heading over to the conference. One of these was interrupted by a fire alarm drill at 9am.

There are bus stops very convenient to the location but if you don't have internet/exact change/time to wait then these aren't ideal. Walking in the well-treed area can be nice but you have to be very careful not to get lost--especially when there are hills. The closest area with restaurants/groceries is 3/4 mile which can seem far depending on your needs.

While the place has some good qualities, my inability to sleep at all the first 2 nights, and with some discomfort the last two, set things off on the wrong foot. As did the limited wifi reliability and feeling of being in an inconvenient location, even though the mileage isn't necessarily that far.

When I left the man who checked me out said he hoped I had a good stay. I shrugged and said it was just okay because of the warm rooms. He was also defensive, saying he wished they could do something about this and then noted that I was ironic that I "complained" because I am from a hot part of the world. :/ Really was not looking for defensive judgment from two staff members after 4 days of minimal sleep. One way to address this in a productive way is to have fans in all rooms. Another is being clear, especially for summer guests, that all rooms are on the 3rd floor and lack AC.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Jared S, Sales Co-ordinator at Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear catbaskets,

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am sorry to hear that there were elements of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We do have a number of fans available to guests should you ask at Reception at any point during your stay.

I will share your comments with our team in regards to some of the comments made that you found inappropriate, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, I do hope we welcome you back to Woodbrooke in the future.