“Excellent experience!”
Review of Rola Wala

Rola Wala
Ranked #424 of 2,644 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Description: Epic street food flavours discovered on Kolkata backstreets, Bombay beaches, and Keralan waterways led Aussie Mark Wright on a journey, to bring the incredible experience of Indian street food back to the UK.
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Wow! An excellent food and service experience! We stumbled across this restaurant whilst enjoying a day in the bullring, and I rather say it added to the enjoyment. The food was fresh and hot. The bread was a beautifully made sourdough and the lamb was so soft and tender, it was dripping with juice! It had a lovely flavour and perfect level of spiciness. The service and decor were very good. Since my visit, I have not stopped singing it praises!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 20 October 2018

My dad took me here when I visited rather than Mowgli which I had in mind for us. He said the food was cheaper here (which it was) and he wanted to try somewhere new. I can say that we won’t be returning out of choice. The food wasn’t great, quite average. They ran out of lamb and said the beef is very similar, but it was quite poor to my tastes. My dad had the chicken tikka and he said he enjoyed it. The service was pretty much on existent, you have to lay the table yourself, order at the bar and the waitress took our trays before my dad was even finished. The food was okay but nothing exciting. It didn’t even come out on a plate, but a cardboard box thing. However, the beer that my father tried was excellent and that’s why I am giving this a 3 and not a 2.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We visted here accidently after looking for somewhere for lunch whilst roaming around the bullring.

Boy did it not dissapoint. We waited a little while for the food but they were very busy. The food itself is amazing. We had the naan rolls, flavours, texture were all perfect and we both had food envy on all the other food items being brought to the other tables. Definitly worth a visit if your in bham. Wish they would open one up in bristol!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The lady who took my order doesn’t makes me feel welcomed. Just because I’m a chinese doesn’t mean that I can’t speak or doesn’t understand english. Her accent is different so I don’t get what she said at some point.
I sat down and got my food served.
The lady did a courtesy check on every single table asking if everything was ok but not my table? I was sat on table 12 which is right infront of the counter.
Well again I think this is rude.
Service 0/5, food 4/5

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Been to this place twice already in a week and loved the taste of the food. Tried the Chicken Rice Bowl and also the Paneer Rice Bowl and both of them were super (if I can use the superlative) delicious and would love to have food from this place again and again.

Date of visit: September 2018