“Very good central location”
Review of Burne Jones House

Burne Jones House
Reviewed 27 February 2015

Stayed here with work and very central and surprisingly quiet. Spacious rooms, comfy beds and good shower. Kitchen fully equipped including washing machine and dish washer. Local amenities (shops, restaurants, bars and supermarket on the doorstep

Room Tip: Parking at a discount about 10 mins walk. Need a discount voucher so ask when booking if coming by c...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

I have had my review removed for some reason ! So I'm re posting.

The apartment I was given to stay in was no where near the standard of the one advertised. There was mold around the windows , it was sparsely furnished - no bedside lights etx and I could feel the mattress springs when I sat in the bed. I felt unsafe as the hallway lights in my opinion didn't work properly leaving me in the dark trying to lock the door.

I left and went to another hotel. I had my review removed as apparently I can't review certain things as I didn't stay so I am trying again as I think it is important. I use trip advisor to help me choose hotels so feel I should flag . Other good reviews must be of different apartments than the one I was given .

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank ChesterPinkpanther
Reviewed 22 January 2015

Burne Jones House has all the amenities required at an affordable price. Located in the heart of the Birmingham business district at Colmore and close to New Street and Moor stations, the Bullring and the Pallasades. I loved my stay there. The best thing about it was that the room had all that I needed from WIFI, to a safe deposit box and all gadgets like washing machine, stove, dish washer, kettle, toaster, fridge etc etc. Checking in was as simple as putting in a code and collecting your key. The terrace was great too with a good view of the skyline and Edgaston stadium. A must stay!

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing away from the pubs below. :-)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
138GeneralManager, General Manager at Burne Jones House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and made use of the outdoor space on the roof terrace!

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

These apartments are very, very basic, done on the cheap, very little in terms of furniture and home comforts. Bed and sofa really uncomfortable. The apartment I was in was dirty and the noise from pubs across the road and next door was horrific. I wouldn't recommend this place, there is better in the area for around the same price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank anon1974
138GeneralManager, General Manager at Burne Jones House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your feedback. It's seems that unfortunately that your mind was set to move out in the end despite your company's attempts and management efforts to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We moved you into an alternative apartment after your initial feedback and I packed your bags and personal items on your behalf whilst you were at work to ensure you could move over without hassle. Wine and complimentary chocolates were personally delivered to your room. Our offer to then upgrade you to our sister building close by at Shaftesbury House was snubbed when you cancelled the viewing at short notice and moved out. Your company assured me we had done all we could to look after you and that you wished to move on regardless.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for 1 night in 3 bed apartment. It was lovely! I had reservations but it is perfect. Great location, easy check in to room and very clean apartments! I went because I was seeing Michael Buble. It is walking distance to Mailbox restaurants and The NIA! Would highly recommend! Much better than a premier Inn! Also easy parking arrangements if you contact them.
Rated 4 star as no window in one bedroom and I didn't like it and my mattress wasn't great but I was having a break from my 14 month old so did not stop me from sleeping and laying in! :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LauzKro,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our mattresses to Hypnos mattresses which we've been complimented on in our sister property Shaftesbury House since we've they've been changed.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the future.