“Travel to Gatwick on A3”
Review of National Express

National Express
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: National Express Coach is the largest operator of scheduled coach services in the UK. We operate high frequency services linking almost 1,000 destinations across the country, including all major cities and airports. For over 40 years, we’ve invested in our national network, fleet and onboard services to help our passengers get to where they want to go, across the length and breadth of the UK. Conveniently, comfortably and cost-effectively. We’re committed to providing everyday value, personal service, convenience and ever improving levels of comfort.
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Bus late. No apology and then wrote and drove at the same time. He is also an aggressive driver. See pics.

2  Thank LeaBridget
in 8 reviews
"ringwood"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

National Express thank you for yet another comfortable, enjoyable journey and thank you for the birthday discount. We'll definitely be travelling with you again and soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Wish I'd read these reviews before booking my trip. It was horrendous.

We flew into Manchester Airport and paid an excess charge just to catch an earlier coach.

When we boarded, it was already overcrowded from passengers joining at previous destinations. The passengers travelling in groups had seats to themselves and had either positioned themselves in the aisle seat or were blocking the spare seats with their bags. Not one person willingly moved their bag from their seats to allow us to sit down. In the end we started asking passengers to move their bags. Some just totally ignored us. So rude.
We were split up for the journey, with one of us forced to sit next to the toilet which wreaked of urine.
The smell of food was nauseating. Groups of women around us scoffing cheap crisps, chomping on sweets, it was enough to turn my stomach. They had no regard for anyone else, shouting across the aisle in foreign accents. They could still be heard with headphones at full volume. All through the journey they were loud and obnoxious.
The heat was unbearable and the smell made me feel so sick for the duration of the journey. I was forced to breathe into my scarf to try and inhale air that didn't turn my stomach with every breath.
I use public transport every day to and from work in Norway. National Express would do well to take a leaf out of the Norwegian model. If passengers can't be respectful they shouldn't travel!
All in All, a very uncomfortable and unsettling journey, one which I will never relive with this company again. After a long flight beforehand this was the last thing I could have ever wished for. Disgraceful. Avoid like the plague and just pay the extra to travel with train! Not worth it.

2  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Free wifi.
App available, so you can watch films, televison series and read magazines.
Friendly driver.
Clean environment.
USB point.
Comfortable seating.
Not expensive tickets for trips on the coach.
I am only 5 foot 4 inches(163 cms), and I had enough leg space, but maybe for taller people, this might not be the same situation.
Would recommend the company to other travellers also.
Wheelchair friendly, but my sister had problems in the past, so did not book.