“Pleasant staff...that's it. Overpriced. Underwhelmed.”
Review of Warwick Arms Hotel

Warwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Too much money for not much is how best to describe this place. I believe management are not after repeat customers and play on the fact that they are close to Warwick Castle.
Poor quality towels and sheets, stingy amounts of much needed amenities in the bathroom and really creaky floors that mean you hear what's happening in the room above and difficulty securing parking.
One problem is that we are on the road travelling for two weeks and for the same amount of money we secured excellent bed and breakfast accommodation before and after The Warwick Arms Hotel...in Cheltenham and Skipton.
The comparisons just made it worse.
And there was a spider on the ceiling for most of our stay. Not good.
However the staff were indeed pleasant but you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Room Tip: Noise from other guests rooms a problem
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Warwick Arms Hotel

Reviewed 4 May 2017

After moving from a high street facing room to one at the rear, as I am quite a light sleeper and may have found the front a little too noisy, I did get a bit of a view of the castle in the second room. I was warned that I could be woken early by the noise of the peacocks in the castle, which I was, but the room was very comfortable and fell asleep early, so had a good night's sleep. The very small 'bathroom-for-one' (again I was warned) had a very small shower cubicle only and only suitable for an average adult I'd say. Anyone 'carrying a bit extra' might struggle with it.

There are many places to eat here of course and so, as I generally tend to do, I looked for a local curry house on trip advisor and found Maya's (see review) which meant that I only experienced breakfast at the hotel, which was a buffet. I was first in (woken up by the peacocks remember) so it was really fresh. My usual measure of hotel restaurant quality comes in the form of two poached eggs which I placed an order for. They passed, just! They had a bit of a yolk run so were just OK. I would have preferred a bit more of a run though, cooked or left standing any longer and they would have been hard-yolked poached eggs, a real no-no, according to my 'poached-egg-o-meter'.

Staff make a place mostly, for me. If they greet you warmly, are friendly and make you feel welcome and comfortable, then you're prepared to tolerate the little things that could be improved, like the weakish water pressure in the (and the) mini-shower.

The bed was really comfy and there's a tempting Tuck box full of chocolates and cookies in the room which, if you give in to that temptation, are not free.

All in all, a very satisfying night's stay. It is good value considering its location, whether the prices go up in peak tourist season i am not sure, but I'll find out as I would stay again if in budget.

Recommend? Yes!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, avoid the front facing rooms and rooms where the kitchen fans are clo...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We stayed there for a night. It's an ideal place to stay if you're visiting the castle. We went without a car, so it was really close to the castle entrance.
The room and bathroom were quite spacious and clean.
We had a problem with our neighbours who were arguing/fighting in the room next to us, so we couldn't sleep well. We called to the reception and they solved the problem very quickly. The breakfast is quite good, but I would improve the time when it's offered. From Monday to Friday is 7 to 9! I would really like to sleep a bit more if I'm on holidays.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We stayed as a family of four for one night which included tickets for Warwick Castle. The hotel is in a perfect location for visiting the castle and Warwick itself.
The staff made us feel welcome throughout our stay. We loved the quirkiness of this very old building. Our family room was lovely, we really liked the spacious layout. We also appreciated the free wifi. The breakfast was adequate for what was a great value break.

Room Tip: Ask to be situated away from the bar
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Enjoyed my night here on business. Decent hotel in a quiet location but plenty of restaurants/shops nearby. Rooms were clean and offered tv/tea/coffee facilities. Breakfast was okay and a reasonable variety available. It's an old style hotel but enough here for a comfortable stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business