All reviews nespresso coffee machine function room roast dinner sky tv hotel restaurant minutes walk away car park the pub jacuzzi bath race course birthday treat on arrival warwick castle stayed for one night cooked to perfection feel very welcome following morning
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

It pains me somewhat to write this, It's not in my nature to make complaints or moan and I send this with my best possible intentions.

I booked a room for Saturday night as a birthday surprise for my partner which consisted of a trip from Portsmouth where we live up to visit the castle. I searched for an appropriate place to stay and saw the Globe online. Looks fabulous, fantastic location, great beer. (As the beer is of course important)
So booking the venue online was fine. I needed to call and add a bottle of bubbles for the birthday girl as you do. Fantastic service and friendly, helpful polite lady I talked to.

Upon arrival we headed to hotel receptionist and was greeted warmly, welcomed and everything was ready as expected. Taken to the room and was politely advised of the facilities fire procedures (which I was very very impressed with as I'm a firefighter)

Then I started to notice a few little things that I really thought was an absolute let down for your organisation and pondered on leaving feedback or not.

I will just do a list as follows for room two and the restaurant area.

1, the bottle of bubbles hadn't been arranged (I could deal with this) but was still something for the future I thought you guys could fix to avoid disappointment.
2, the door handle to the room and only fire exit needs attention. I wouldn't want it to get stuck with anyone inside.
3, the shower door handle fell off in my hand.
4, shower tray and cubicle is in need of mould removal.
5, the coffee machine doesn't heat the water properly and only half fills the cups even on the large cup setting.
6, television wires hanging everywhere.
7, very noisy doors and being right next to the fire exit just outside room two this is being used as a community door and bangs all night long.
8, Grubby and dusty room.
9, Breakfast was very greasy, with hash brown deep fried and still cold in the middle, black pudding under cooked and fried egg burnt.
10, food debris on seating (this was on seats that were not made up for breakfast but very visible)
Condiment ramekins have food/salt/pepper debris in them.
11, sauce smeared on wall.
12, dusty on high points that were visible.
13, we could hear everything from the adjoining door to room one (totally understand that the building is old and probably not much can be done about this) just thought I'd mention it.

I think that's about it.

I was disappointed yes, however I am a fairly decent guy and just thought if this was my business I'd like it to be to the highest standard for everyone to enjoy and shout about what a brilliant place the Globe is.
I know these are only little things and are an easy fix, but it's all these little things that I believe let the Globe down somewhat.
All the staff were very friendly and I couldn't fault them whatsoever.

I hope my feedback is helpful and I will give the Globe another chance in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MangoJim
OISite, General Manager at The Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hi MangoJim

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what aspects of your stay weren't up to scratch - these are really important and we wouldn't necessarily know without being told. We hope you mentioned each issue to the manager on duty? These are quick things to fix, as you're aware, but tricky for us to now decipher each section you talk about.

We would love to hear from you re. room number and specifics.

Please do get back in touch with our site and ensure we can make things better for your next stay.

Regards

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Didn't know whether to give a 3 or 4. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was great. The odd cracked or broken wall tile in he bathroom but overall a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We parked in a nice little car park in New Street. There is closer parking but it didn't look too good. Great location for Warwick Castle.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bizzibe
OISite, General Manager at The Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi Bizzibe

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're pleased to hear your room was clean and comfortable - and that staff were friendly and food great. If, in future, you find anything else that needs a little maintenance (the tiles) just let us know and we'd be more than happy to get these fixed for you.

We hope you'll be returning in due course.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I really have enjoyed my stay in this country and I look forward to a return visit with my wife. The welcome is warm, the food is very good and it is pleasently tranquil in the hotel.
Unfortunately, I didn#t have enough time to discover all sights of Warwick and its great surroundings in day trips.

Room Tip: Room No. 13
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
OISite, General Manager at The Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi Nils W

Thanks for your review.

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in England! Next time you return with your wife, our staff members will be more than happy to recommend where to go for the day. Warwick Castle is a must!

See you soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a 10min walk away from Warwick castle. There isn't any parking at the hotel but there is a car park 2min walk away that's £4.50 for 24hours. We had breakfast and it was lovely. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff they are amazing - they upgraded our room for our anniversary and there had been a mix up with our booking and they didn't have our 3yr old booked in but within 10min they had sorted her a bed in our room and at no extra cost. The bar staff are lovely. I would highly recommended this hotel and we will definitely book here again next time we are in Warwick

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
OISite, General Manager at The Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Jaye t

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review.

We're delighted you found the staff to be amazing and very attentive - both in the bar, hotel and restaurant.

We hope you had an enjoyable time in Warwick and will be back soon.

Regards

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and enjoyed our stay from the moment we arrived. We were met with friendly staff, our double room was charming and more than adequate. Location was great and was able to wander round Warwick before coming back for 2-4-1 cocktails and sitting down to dinner. Dinner was sensational, we ate off the specials menu and for me was the best carbonara I've ever had. Breakfast next day was cooked to order and equally delicious. At £81 for our room and breakfast, this was exceptionally good value for money. Would 100% stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
OISite, Manager at The Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hi Georgie W,

Thank you for the excellent review, we're so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and look forwards to seing you again soon.

Kind Regards,