“Nice place, disappointing extra costs”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous spa which has been nicely done, however there was an aqua aerobics class on when we walked in. There was also a non-refundable £6 cost per person to borrow a towel and robe which we were not told about beforehand. This really put a downer on the start of our day and we would have brought our own towel if we had known.

BannatyneWildmoor, Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Marthads1

Thank you for taking the time to review Bannatyne Spa Wildmoor. It is wonderful to hear your opinion on our Spa and facilities.

The Aqua aerobics class is hugely popular with our members, I do appreciate it can be slightly disruptive if you are not joining the class. However we do have our other facilities such as a caldarium, sauna, steam room and a relaxation area you can enjoy whilst the class finishes up.

I do apologise that you were not aware of the charge for a spa bag however it does state online which packages do include robe and towel hire, we will look into amending the finer details to pre warn you if it does not.

To keep up to date on our latest Spa Days and Promotions please do check out our Facebook and Twitter pages.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"lockers"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Recently visited for a rasul spa day brought as a gift for me for christmas.

We received a very warm welcome on arrival with a complimentary drink and tour of the spa facilities. We were provided with robes and were told to wait to be called in a very comfortable ''tranquillity' room with day beds and blankets to help you relax.

When we were called we were taken to the rasul treatment room which had a changing area, 2 showers and the main treatment area. As a note, I would only recommend choosing this treatment if you are very comfortable with the person you are going with. The nature of the treatment, although privately cut off from the general public is very up close and personal.

It is then explained to you that you will be left with your partner by yourselves for the duration of the treatment, you have to get undressed and (if you so wish) put on the disposable underwear. Then cleanse your face with the water and lotion provided and then enter the main chamber. This is very much like a steam room with a podium in the middle which has a pot of salt scrub to use first to exfoliate. Then there was a ball of mud for your face each and 2 other coloured muds to cover your bodies with. When the mud is applied there is 2 identical alcoves to sit in and relax whilst the mud and steam does its work. After about 15 minutes water is switched on from above you to wash the mud away and the steam switches off. You then leave the chamber and can use the 2 power showers provided to properly clean the mud away. You can then get dressed and leave the treatment room at your own pace. Once you have finished you can then use the rest of the facilities at your leisure.

The spa was very clean and the facilities were kept to an exceptional standard. It was a very relaxing place to spend the afternoon and I would definitely visit again.

Would I book the rasul treatment again? Well it was certainly a new and quite exciting treatment and I did very much enjoy it. Looking at the cost I wouldn't pay the £100 plus price they tend to offer it for as I would prefer to have a more traditional treatment where someone else does it for me. If it was offered around the £50 mark then I would book it again.

1  Thank sean_aka_sean
Spa W, Assistant Spa Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Bannatyne Spa Wildmoor. It is wonderful to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable day with us. We're glad you enjoyed your Rasul experience, you can bolt this treatment to any spa day package from £45.

Warm Regards

Carol

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I read Valencia 1964's review below and can say that my own experience, regarding a 3-month membership I paid for last summer for my student son, ended in a very similar experience to the one she describes.

The staff there will say anything to you when you sign up but, when being chased for fees you did not agree to, Bannatyne membership staff are very quick to say that 'we do not recognize verbal agreements'. (Indeed it was not too long into the conversation before bailiffs were mentioned!) They used their generic form for this 'ad hoc' offer and brushed aside any concerns we raised about wording regarding 'continuing membership' as that did not apply to what we were signing up for.

After contacting Wildmoor Spa directly I was advised to write to their General Manager. I went into lengthy detail in my complaint, as well as expressing bemusement as to why they are so intent on losing potential customers by treating them in this way. Word of mouth in Stratford upon Avon for example counts for a lot. However, I too never got a reply. My suspicion is that there was a remit last summer to get membership numbers up, using the lure of a short-term membership, before a very low-key buy out was announced in November. Membership numbers were obviously a predominant part of their currency and member details remained on the system at the end of the 3-month period.

I will repeat the advice of another reviewer. If you are thinking about joining, firstly don't, and secondly get them to put everything in writing, or record the conversation. The contract that you believe you will never have to refer to again amounts to a barely legible carbon copy. You may not think this necessary for a harmless leisure activity. I certainly didn't and embarrassingly I am a lawyer.

2  Thank 956diana
GM W, General Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear 956diana

Thank you for taking the time to review Bannatyne Spa Wildmoor. It would appear that your issue is regarding membership and not the Spa.

You are correct in stating that Bannatyne purchased The Wildmoor in November 2017.

If you wish to discuss your membership experience with myself please follow the link below:

bannatyne.co.uk/contact/feedback/#feedbackform

Kind Regards

Russell Hawkes

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Not sure why there are negatives reviews after the change-over to Bannatyne, but we had a great time at the spa. I have been about 3 times previously, but this time service was as good if not better than it was before. Had an afternoon tea and full use of the facilities deal bought in the Black Friday sale. From the minute we walked in, we were treated well and shown to a table in the cafe where we enjoyed coffee and a cake. Entered into the spa and all the facilities were as clean as I can remember (new flip flops small and a bit uncomfortable compared to the previous towel style slippers!) Afternoon tea was delicious, lovely fresh bread, delicious scones and cakes - so much we couldn't finish it but the staff boxed it up and kept it in the fridge for us to take home with no quibble. Excellent! Good treatments, great facilities, fantastic afternoon tea and very friendly staff. Got a bit busier as the day went on but it was still a pleasant number for a Saturday afternoon and I would not say it was crowded. All in all, could not fault it!

Thank you for taking the time to review Bannatyne Spa Wildmoor. It is wonderful to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable day with us. I will pass your compliments to the Chef.

Warm Regards

Carol

Assistant Spa Manager

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I wrote a glowing review of the Wildmoor Spa some years ago. I was a member of the Spa for over 5 years. I have recently cancelled my membership due to continual bad management and awful customer service both at the Spa and from Bannatyn head office.

What has changed? The Spa was recently taken over by Bannatyn, however to be fair the awful attitude & poor customer service of the management team has been in place for some time. I just chose to ignore it due to the fact I liked the gym and the Yoga instructor.

Bannatyn recently changed the booking system from 7 days to 3 days. I mentioned to one of the management team that a 3-day booking system was really inconvenient as I could book at reception each week when I finished my class. It wasn't a complaint just an observation. The reaction was "well that's the way it is & you’re the only one who has complained". (This wasn't actually true; many members were not happy with the new booking system).

In view of this I went home and decided to call the Wildmoor reception to ask about my options for cancelling my membership. Unfortunately, no-one returned my calls. I left 4 messages and no one called back. So, I decided to cancel my Direct Debit and not attend again.

One month goes past & I receive a call from Bannatyn Head office (why they left it a month is anyone's guess). I explained the situation, however they were insistent I needed to pay them one month’s membership even though they admitted it was the clubs fault for not returning my calls.) They didn't seem interested in resolving my issue or even trying to get me to return as a member. All that mattered was them getting me to pay my months membership. The Bannatyn customer service person even said that Bannatyn could not afford to lose the months membership.

I paid the money, however I am really not impressed at how this club manages its members. I was a loyal club member for many years, I recommended numerous new members to the Wildmoor and even wrote a positive review a few years ago.

All I can say is, please be aware of the situation if you are considering joining the Wildmoor.

I have now joined a new gym which is half the cost of the Wildmoor and the customer service is excellent.

5  Thank Valencia1964