1,960 results
All reviews the river bistrot pierre sister hotel across the road car park excellent location town centre lovely hotel rsc theatre fresh milk executive room enjoyable stay weekend break evening meal one night stay breakfast was excellent full english lovely room
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We were disappointed to find that the spa was not part of the hotel itself. Having free access to the facilities of a sister hotel a few minutes walk away, across busy roads is not the same thing. This was not mentioned in any advertising that we saw.

Date of stay: June 2016
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
K-Djedidi, Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dear 28ernieb

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Swan’s Nest Hotel.

It is disappointing to hear your stay was not 100% to your satisfaction. Your feed back is very important to us in order to grow and improve our business and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team managers.

If you would like to discuss your issues further please contact me direct opsmgr.swansnest@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Just spent a wonderful long weekend in Stratford staying at the Swan's Nest. The hotel is lovely with lots of old world charm. However, I have to comment on the service at breakfast both mornings. It was shambolic to say the least; no organisation or order and the actual food was extremely disappointing. We waited over 40 minutes one morning to receive our food whilst other tables, who arrived after us, were served and had gone. We hadn't ordered anything difficult but there was absolutely no organisation at all with young servers, who clearly had no training, serving whichever table they felt like approaching. Our black pudding was so over-cooked that it shattered into pieces and flew off my plate! The replacement was no better. What made it worse was that it was headlined as a special brand sourced from Scotland. When I spoke to the Duty Manager - who was very kind and handled my feedback very well (thank you) - I learned that the restaurant is franchised out. I was quite surprised to hear that a four star hotel doesn't run it's own restaurant!
The room we had was nice and the bed very comfortable, although, for me, the pillows lacked support and needed replacing. The bathroom was large and very clean but there was hardly anywhere to put toiletries except in the window area which was not near the hand basin and little things like no hook or rail for a hand towel near the hand basin spoilt it. I would expect to find these in a four star hotel. There is no air con either and as it was a very hot few days it made sleeping very uncomfortable. Luckily we found a fan and that helped.
In terms of location it couldn't be better placed for strolling into town and is very close to the theatre and all amenities.
Would I stay there again? I am on the fence. A very good deal or a room with a/c might tempt me back but I would look at other options first. Sorry Swan's Nest but you need to do much better.

Room tip: In the summer rooms facing the garden are very hot.

Dear swissericsister

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Swan’s Nest Hotel.

It is very pleasing to hear that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our great location. Your feed back is very important to us in order to grow and improve our business and I’ll be sure to pass on your comments about the breakfast to our F&B manager in order to review and action wherever is required.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at opsmgr.swansnest@macdonald-hotels.co.uk should you wish to discuss it further

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Want to boil and sweat whilst trying to sleep in your bedroom on a summers night? Choose this hotel! With no air-conditioning in my room and a window that could not open all the way, It felt like I was in the Sahara dessert! Even after asking for a fan that simply circulated the warm air around in my room. At the end I went and sat in my car for a while with the aircon on to recover and drove home late at night, loosing out on £173. This hotel will never see me in the summer!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Brilliant location, helpful reception staff and nice, well appointed room. This was marred by an extremely poor greasy breakfast and poor service. We were also disappointed to find no tables/anywhere to sit in the bar area as they were all reserved for locals for eating. There was no lounge area other than some seating in a through area near reception.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
K-Djedidi, Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Dear 70lesleyc

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Swan’s Nest Hotel.

It is disappointing to hear your stay was not 100% to your satisfaction. Your feed back is very important to us in order to grow and improve our business. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall and I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to our senior management team.

We do hope you choose to return to the hotel again soon

Macdonald Alveston & Swan’s Nest Hotels

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Swan's Nest whilst attending a wedding and everything was brilliant. All the staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for all the guests and the wedding was just beautiful. We ended up staying a second night due to a problem with their sister hotel, but the reception staff sorted out everything for us they were extremely professional and helpful! We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was lovely, albeit the service was slightly slow. We would definitely stay again if we were visiting Stratford!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Bec2601

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Swan’s Nest Hotel.

It is great to hear that you had such a good stay. It is always great to hear such a positive feedback and I will be sure to share your kind comments with the rest of the team.

For best rate available please book direct on our web site

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon