1,576 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa treatmentsbreakaway clubswimming poolsauna and steam roomevening mealleisure facilitiesreception staffrestaurant staffgood sizespa arealovely hotelshort drivenight breakfour star hoteltrouser pressplenty of parking
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I went for a spa afternoon, and lunch.
The spa staff were great, the changing rooms were average.
Bins in toilet cubicles needed emptying.
Massage therapist was really lovely, and did a good job on my back.
I asked at reception if I could get a sandwich somewhere, the girl pointed to a bar behind me, and said there. She went back to her screen.
i went to the bar but it was being set up for something, so I went back to reception and told her this, she went to get someone else, they came back on reception and the first girl said, she wants to get a sandwich. SHE! Not impressed. At least the other girl took me through to the bar and got someone to serve me. The sandwich I had was really nice, just very disappointed with reception attitude.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Annabell_9
Joanne H, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Annabell_9,

I am sorry you had such a disappointing experience with our reception team, I have passed on your comments to our front of house manager to review, hopefully this did not spoil your whole experience with us as I can see there were many good aspects to your time here and hopefully we can welcome you back sometime.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The reception staff at the hotel were very polite, helpful and made check in and out very easy! The breakfast was perfect with a fabulous selection. The rooms were just what you needed to sleep and the bed was comfy! The only thing I would say is that the pool decor needs updating!

1  Thank TLMeade

Dear TLMeade,

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay, our reception team are amazing and we are so proud of how hard they work. Your comments regarding the breakfast have also been passed onto our head chef.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Went for a weekend break for our anniversary and were not disappointed... a nice room, lovely staff and even had a lovely touch of a bottle of prosecco in our room when we arrived! A massive thank you...

Dear Andrew F,

Thank you for your review and I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and celebration of your anniversary. Hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Hotel was clean spacious and good value. Rooms were huge compared to some we have used. Easy cheap access to town and the spa treatment were so good. The pool are is small but we still didn't have a problem getting a lounger. The spa staff are lovely and we would recommend any of the massages.

Room Tip: we had a variety of rooms between our group but no complaints
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Joanne H, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear M9611ZBchristinec,

Thank you for a 5star review!....I am glad to see you enjoyed your spa break with us and I hope to see you back sometime in the future for some more pampering and relaxation.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in conjunction with a night at the races. Location wasn’t ideal, with a £15 taxi to the course and £9 from the centre of town.

Check in was easy and straightforward. Room was comfortable with a good bed. Rooms walls paper thin.

Went into the Spa, decent sized pool, steam room and sauna were good. No Jacuzzi though, which was unexpected.

When we checked in, we were asked if we wanted to charge to the room or pay cash, we decided on the latter. On arriving back at around 11, we were told that we couldn’t pay cash and had to charge to the room, we’d left the card in the room because we knew we’d pay cash! Were not told this on check in and the staff seemed more interested in cashing up the til than serving.

Breakfast was poor with food that had clearly been sat there for a while.

All in all, I’ve stayed at cheaper hotels and had a better experience. Based on cost, location and overall experience, I’d choose a different hotel next time.

2  Thank wimpo1706

Dear wimpo1706,

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to see you were unhappy with some aspects of the stay, moving forward I will ensure the reception team are more clear on room charge procedures so there is no grey area.