“A but too light”

Price range: US$24 - US$71
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located between the commercial centre and the heart of Stratford upon Avon’s “Old Town”, No9. Church St. is a grade II listed building dating back over 400 years.Renovated and refurbished to make the most of its original features and character the building is now home to Stratford’s latest addition to its vibrant and diverse restaurant scene.No.9 Church St. is the brain child of Wayne Thomson and Dan Robinson, friends and colleagues for the last 10 years and with over 30 years of culinary experience between them. Their aim is to make No.9 Church St. a town centre restaurant with a neighbourhood feel...serving seasonal British food with a contemporary twist in a relaxed environment with informal yet professional staff, the wine list will feature some fantastic Artisan wines at sensible prices.A unique feature of the restaurant will be Upstairs at No9. A private dining room offering bespoke, tailored menus and a dedicated Butler service to parties of up to 10 people, although larger parties can be catered for in the main restaurant by prior booking.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I chose butternut squash soup. Unusually for No 9 this was rather bland on this occasion. The main course was too light and I walked out feeling hungry. I had been glad of the bread for the soup. Not being a sweet tooth the sweets didn't appeal. I think I was short of some potato cooked in a tasty way. I have eaten here several times and been quite pleased in the past but would still maintain this stance re just a little more carb.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We booked here and enjoyed the tasting menu, though we had to ask for it as it was not given to us on arrival. 5 courses with wine £70, good value for money . Simple cosy decor and warm service but a little slow at times, staff were understandably busy. Real pride and passion shown by the restaurant manager. Food flavours were excellent throughout and cooked beautifully, though pork croquette a little chewy as an appetiser, but this was the only glitch. Wine matches generally good though Italian Pinot noir with chicken dominated the dish, even though the wine was lovely. Rhubarb and panacotta really memorable with sweet basil. Will go back when in the area, but if you haven’t been you should go.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Quite easy to walk past this restaurant and not give it the recognition it deserves. As a Stratford resident this was on the tick list. We have been to all the other usual suspects in town and down Sheep Street but No 9 trumps them. Fine dining without the premium price, friendly welcoming staff within an intimate setting.It's not the the place for large groups and children.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I am a Stratford local and have allergies to both dairy and milk products and gluten. Having tried every restaurant in Stratford to find one that can produce fine dining for me without just eliminating foods and providing no substitution, I had the most fantastic 3 course meal last night. They even managed a dairy free interesting dessert (normally I’m offered just fresh fruit or sorbet). I’m very particular on food because I grew into my allergies in my 50’s, so in years gone by I’ve dined at some very special places without the restrictions of allergies. Trust me whether you have allergies or not No 9 is the best restaurant in Stratford Upon Avon and for Miles around.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Very friendly, great service, good wine, excellent meal, nice chat with the Chef.
One of the best if not the best restaurant in Stratford upon Avon. Highly recommended.