1,297 results
All reviews the river champagne bar monkey puzzle directly opposite the rsc waterside brasserie car park master room rsc theatre lovely hotel pre theatre fresh milk in the fridge perfect location royal shakespeare company large bathroom superior room one way system walk in shower
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We stayed here while visiting the RSC. It is the most perfect place to stay for a meal before the performance and to be able to sit over a drink in the bar after. Then to finish the weekend we had a great breakfast on the Sunday morning. The position is perfect, with easy parking and the rooms are very comfortable.
The reception desk are so helpful and we will certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon B
gmardenhotel, Reservations Manager at The Arden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Sharon B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to The Arden Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and are hoping to return. I will ensure that your positive feedback is passed on to the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Arden in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

It seems a few adjustments have been made - the price has gone up and the standard down rather, no tablecloths and tables extremely close to each other.
It has lost the five star feel.

However, the reception staff were very helpful and were concerned to hear that my curtains were jammed closed (so no morning view for me!) and my wash basin seemed to have a blocked drain.

We were on a theatre break and were again delighted to be given excellent seats in the package.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view at the front
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
gmardenhotel, Front Office Manager at The Arden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Gillian B

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following you recent stay with us here at the Arden Hotel. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay.
I am a little confused with reference to your comments about the restaurant. We have not changed the layout since we opened and aside from afternoon tea, we have never had tablecloths on the tables.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back to The Arden in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Had a lovely one night stay here, our room was a very fair size with very plush decor. A super large bed and good black out curtains covering the beautiful traditional windows. Well stocked bathroom with robes and 'proper coffee' for the cafetiere, plus milk in the mini fridge. This place will not disappoint, very clean, professional and enthusiastic staff. The breakfast was delicious, fresh fruit, chunky bread, and egg benedict was just one option. I would recommend this place for a lovely weekend away, car park at rear and lovely terrace and garden. Could not fault. Worth paying a touch more than a standard hotel... * I would say we did get a little confused with the 'sister hotel' as we thought we were staying there originally, but no complaints, possibly our confusion.

Room Tip: We stayed in 'Spruce'. Seemed very quiet after 11pm (saturday evening), so had a great nights sleep!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank piggytailchick

Dear piggytailchick

I appreciate you taking time to feedback your experience. I am glad you chose The Arden Hotel and have been able to make the most of our beautiful surroundings and the facilities.I will forward your kind comments onto the team. I am sorry that there may have been some confusion with where you were staying, we do have a Sister property Arden House which is 10 bedroom boutique property situated along Rother Street. We hope to be able to welcome you back to either The Arden Hotel or Arden House in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We booked in after waiting at the empty reception desk for approx 10 mins. We were taken to our room on the second floor and told that there was no lift because of it being a listed building, the second floor meant three flights of stairs.
At 18:45 we went into the restaurant and asked to see a menu, I felt then that asking to see the menu was a bit of an inconvenience. We decided that it was early to eat and we would have a walk before dinner. Upon our return at 7:45 pm we ask for a table. Had we booked? no.
The barman then asked a waitress "do we have any tables set up?" the restaurant was almost empty and they serve until 9:30 pm. After a pause, the waitress answered "we have one around the corner"
We sat and ordered, when our drinks came I questioned the quantity of wine, I had ordered a 1/4 Ltr of red wine expecting it to come in a jug and they served it all in a glass. They insisted that it was 1/4 ltr, I could get 4 or 5 glasses of that size out of a 700 cc bottle.
Our entre arrives 30 mins later and the main course after 55 mins.
Our main course was a Bouillabaisse, which is fish cooked in a fish stock or rather a fish soup, the fish is poached in the stock. We got three small pieces of fish that had been fried then placed upon a pumpkin or some sort of vegetable cream paste bright orange in colour.
The following day at checkout I asked to see the manager, it turned out to be one of the same people I had perceived the night before.
I explained everything to him and he listened politely nodding his head, he agreed that the Bouillabaisse is a fish soup but said nothing about what we had been served: I will add that the fish was good, afterwards, he looked at me with a straight face and said quite calmly "Thank you for bringing this to our attention"
We should have refused the dish but there was little else that we wanted and we didn't want to wait for another 55 mins, plus we had no idea of where else to eat.
Odd place indeed and not cheap although not very expensive and not to be recommended but one could do worse.

Room Tip: Travel light, no baggage get the room B&B which is good but don't eat in the restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

stayed here in august , Very nice hotel hotel please see pros and cons.

PRO

good location in the center
fantastic food
very clean
staff very friendly

cons
very small bathroom
Drinks super expensive

over all a nice stay but a bit pricey

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple