“Lovely freshly bagels”
Review of The Steamhouse

The Steamhouse
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Tasty bagels made with fresh ingredients in a nice little independent setting. There were many choices of filling with a number of options available for vegans which were clearly labelled on the menu. They were served with tortilla chips and made a substantial lunch. They were good value for money. The coffee was good too. There was good service and the staff were polite and helpful.

2  Thank Jeffdee

Reviewed 14 October 2017

It's very rare I give a poor review. However.... we had 25 minutes spare this morning before the car park ticket ran out so we went for coffee and bagels. The shop was about 1/3 empty at about 10:30.

The coffee tasted great but was very cool when served. We ordered an Early Bird bagel and an Orchard waffle, which took 20 minutes to arrive, by which time we'd finished the coffee. The only cutlery supplied was a steak knife, and the non-plussed staff took another age to find a single fork. The copious amount of chipotle mayo on the bagel completely overpowered every other filling on there, including the red onion. My wife said the waffle was dry and cardboardy, and she could still feel it 'sitting' an hour later. To be fair, there was reasonable size portion of fruit on it.

Sadly we won't be going back. On the plus side, the other independent coffee shops in town, including Hooray's & Box Brownie, have nothing to worry about.

2  Thank Ivan R
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The bagels were amazing with plenty of flavoursome fillings to choose from. The salad in the bagel was topped with possibly the best honey mustard dressing I have had out. The only improvement I would say would be to serve salsa with the nachos served with the bagel as they make it a bit dry but overall a great place for a good lunch.

2  Thank huntforgoodtimes
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Even if you don't normally like bagels, I suggest you give these a try. They are superb on their own or with a sandwich filling.

The coffee is among the best in town, far better than at the likes of Starbucks or Costa.

The staff are friendly and welcoming.

My only criticism is that I wish it opened earlier, as it opens too late for me to get coffee and bagels before work.

Date of visit: September 2017
2  Thank JS81041
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Happy, cheerful staff serving incredible handmade bagels filled with delicacies such as pastrami & Swiss cheese. Couldn't resist the Reeses chocolate brownie & I'm glad I didn't! Keep up the incredible work.

Date of visit: September 2017