All reviews grey street high bridge great location comedy club continental breakfast rooms are small lovely bar area central location gorgeous hotel bars and restaurants would definitely stay here again car park dean street air con train station full english great shower
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good, clean basic accommodation right in the middle of Toon, not far from the Bigg Market.
We stayed here on a busy Saturday night. The bed was comfortable, I had a good night sleep.I recommend you take ear plugs.
The room was a little cold, unfortunately I found a portable electric heater behind the chair just before we checked out.
I would stay here again, staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel while attending a conference. I would definitely recommend it. Great value, good location and very comfortable room. The rooms aren't huge but all you need. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Darryl C
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We were up in Newcastle for a wedding, so spent three days at this hotel.

The hotel is part of a chain originally from Germany I think. The general spaces are chic but simplistic, offering a comfortable stay.

In our original room, the television picture went within 1/2 an hour on us getting there. When we popped out to the city, we notified reception and they said they would have a look while we were out. When we got back, they said it was broken and said they would help move us to another room. We also wanted to borrow an ironing board/iron and the guy went off straight away and brought it to our room: Bery impressed.

This particular branch doesnt seem to do lunch or dinner, but you can pay for a continental breakfast. There was also a bar serving alcohol til 3am most nights - they were unable to do a chocolate martini but made me an after eight mint one that wasnt on the menu.

We had a really nice time staying here and would stay again. Highly reccommend. Great location. Staff go above and beyond to help out.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I like Motel One a lot and stay frequently, luckily not here and will never stay here again. Night crew and security think they are gods and are invincible. Location is OK and less than a 10 minute walk from central but so are other hotels!

Stay somewhere else in Newcastle.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Stayed here for a couple of nights in July. The location is perfect if you want to explore the city. The hotel is very clean. Breakfast is not included in the rate so be prepared to pay extra, or go out and eat and the many local cafes. The hotel bar is a little expensive but that,s expected in city locations. Also be aware that no parking is available at the hotel. Not a problem for me as I flew up but as long as you are prepared there is parking, at a price, close by.

I really enjoyed Newcastle and I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Stayed: July 2018