“Alice ”

Curiously Wicked Dappers
Description: Curiously Wicked are the only Academy of Chocolate world class award winning chocolatiers in the North of England. Visit our beautiful Art Deco style tearoom where we specialise in creating and serving some of the finest Afternoon Teas in the UK. Each month sees a newly themed Afternoon tea that is both quirky and delicious and runs as an alternative choice to our Full Traditional Afternoon Tea, available to order anytime (24 hrs notice required). As well as our sumptuous Afternoon Teas, we also create wedding and celebration cakes for all occasions.
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

First time visit ...

AWESOME ....
Fab food . Fab experience .
Gluten free friendly too ...
Well recommended!
STUPENDOUS...

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I visited today with my sister and 5yr old daughter for the mad hatters afternoon tea as I had bought a voucher online for my sisters birthday. I had never visited before and so hoped for a good experience, we were not disappointed.

All of the food was lovely especially the scones in part 1 of the afternoon tea. The sandwiches had great fillings especially the Waldof chicken. Part 2 was amazing with the different assortment of deserts, my daughter got her own tray with age appropriate deserts and this in itself was a winner for me. Each desert was lovely and you could see the time taken to produce each element.

The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful and made an effort to talk to my daughter and make her feel comfortable.

Overall we had a great experience and will definitely return.

There are a few grumbles on some of the reviews I have read over the cost of the afternoon tea, however in my opinion i found the price worth it especially given the unlimited tea and coffee and the fact that every element is home made (we were offered refils multiple times)

We left with takeaway cake and tarts as they looked so good!

Thank you for a lovely afternoon dappers!

1  Thank zippy83
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I took my sister, visiting from Hertfordshire, for a Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea this afternoon. It was truly amazing! Lovely sandwiches followed by the most divine homemade cakes and scones with unlimited tea and coffee... Great service, great food! Both of us were very impressed. My sister has been to Afternoon Tea at the Dorchester Hotel in London - she rated Dappers as better!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My mum had enthused so much about her visit here I drove down from Glasgow to try it for myself. I was not disappointed. Everything was made fresh on the day and you could tell a lot of thought & imagination had gone into the flavours of the savouries and desserts. When the dessert tray came out I felt like a child again, the selection of treats were amazing, I had saved the orange chocolate for last and it nearly finished me off it was soooooo delicious! The hosts were lovely and you could tell they really wanted to make sure you had a great experience, which if we did. If you haven’t already visited here......why not?

1  Thank Wintermoth S
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Called in today for a coffee and a cheese scone.
Coffee very good
Scone ok but I prefer a more short recipe.
I felt the scone was a bit pudding like but
very tasty.