Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$145
PricelineUS$145
Hotels.comUS$145
FindHotelUS$145
Agoda.comUS$145
HurbUS$169
All reviews apartment was spacious tyne bridge these apartments sitting area bars and restaurants good size top floor newcastle quayside city break dishwasher metro
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2020

Honestly that was one of the best city break experiences I have had in a long time. The legendary friendly Geordie welcome on arrival certainly lifted my spirits as my friend that I was supposed to be travelling with had to cancel our long planned weekend at the last minute, so I had an impressive two bed room apartment all to myself.

The two bed rooms with two comfy double beds are furnished really well and of a good size, one is slightly larger than the other and has it's own en-suite facilities. The kitchen has everything you could possibly need to make this an easy homestay experience with excellent quality cooker, freezer, dishwasher, microwave and oven to make home cooked food, but really there is no need to go to all that effort with so many great restaurants and bars all around.the front door.

Location for a positive experience is everything and this hotel is second to none in that respect, tucked into the shadow of the Tyne Bridge it simply can't be beaten. I flew down from Aberdeen and took the Metro from Newcastle Airport to Monument station and from there it was a short 15 minute walk downhill to the property.

I am already planning a future stay here, hopefully with friends this time.I absolutely loved this hotel and the friendly staff I met and hopefully I can stay for a bit longer and explore even more of this great city.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank bergjagger
Guest Services, General Manager at The Vermont ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Thank you for your lovely review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with, all be it under different circumstances.

So pleased you are planning to come back let us know and if we can we will make sure you are in the same apartment.

Take care and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2020

Me and my partner stayed for our anniversary last week, which included a night stay in the apartment and a 3 course meal at Aveika. All I can say is what a lovely experience we had. A nice chilled bottle of prossecco on arrival, and the room it’s self was gorgeous and very clean. Decor very modern and luxurious with lovely marble bathrooms and a lovely view of the quayside. The food at aveika was amazing (given it was a set menu - lots of choice and very delicious!) Not forgetting the gentleman on reception was very welcoming too. Overall an amazing experience and highly recommend for anyone and also people who are not from the area - it is right in the heart of newcastle/quayside.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank C3686NElisaj
Guest Services, General Manager at The Vermont ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Thank you for your fabulous review and thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially as it was such a special occasion for your both.

I will pass your comments onto the team and Aveika who will all be thrilled with them

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

I stayed here last night with my husband and my Mam for one night in the two bed apartment. We were very impressed! The apartment was perfect just what we expected. The bedrooms were very clean and my mam has her own privacy with the bedroom which had an en-suite. Nice thick curtains so we had a lovely lie in! Towels very clean and soft. The man on reception was very friendly on our arrival and because we were too early for check in he arranged to put our bags in apartment once it was ready on our return. Will definitely use these apartments again would be ideal for two couples.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments onto the team who will be thrilled by them and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 August 2020

From then first telephone conversation to leaving. The high standard of customer service wa exceptional.
We were on the top floor with a beautiful apartment girly break.
The apartment was spacious exceptionally clean, Mini bar filled with a great section of wines, beers and spirits. We couldn't of had a better stay will definitely return , we ate in the adjoining Aveika restaurant which was outstanding and once again the staff are exceptional. Well done everyone customer service skills are fabulous

Date of stay: August 2020
Guest Services, General Manager at The Vermont ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2020

Hi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and were able to enjoy the beautiful Aveika restaurant next door.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

I feel I have to leave this review after our stay last night. We are extremely sad that what we thought was going to be an amazing stay turned into a bit of a nightmare. My son booked and paid on his card for an anniversary present. When we arrived they asked for payment plus £100 security deposit. I explained my son had paid as per the offer and full payment had to be made on booking. They said no they take payment on the day so the small print on booking is lies. So basically I had to hand over £219 on arrival that I hadn’t planned for. The apartment was lovely however we were given a 2 not a 1 bed . Bit of a waste.
I washed my face and the sink was blogged.
We had a bath the plug was stuck. We also had a meal in with the price at Aveika. It was disgusting. They didn’t offer us drinks upon arriving and waiter was useless just stood clicking his pen and staring , other people came in and were served before us. When we did get our meal it was black and burnt so we didn’t eat it. We literally had no tea. And due to the fact we’d had to pay £219 at the hotel we weren't in the position to go and eat elsewhere due to finances.
Chloe at Aveika was lovely and gave us complimentary drinks and the manager invited us back to try again. However I cant say we are in any hurry to do so. It was a disappointing end to our 22nd wedding anniversary weekend and given that we wiped our bank account out just to sleep there I don’t think I’d return. Upon leaving I pointed this out and asked for my £100 security deposit to be released and was told it could take up to 2 weeks! Shambles .
We had stayed at the Sandman signature the night previous which was cheaper and in general a far nicer experience. I really did expect more from the Vermont and I’m very dissatisfied . I really don’t think I’d return and extremely saddened we ended up going to bed hungry on what should have been an enjoyable evening.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

HI,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
You emailed us directly regarding your stay, so i find it disappointing you have chosen to leave a review.
We hope you stay with us again in the future