1,528 results
All reviews gin bar the club lounge separate shower and bath pillow spray train station spa facilities mini bar lovely hotel city centre car park afternoon tea good size room was spacious coffee machine birthday treat bars and restaurants breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Top class hotel at a very reasonable price. Lovely spacious and stylish room. Nice bathroom with a strong power shower. Comfortable bed. The bar staff were exceptionally friendly and lively offering a very good service. There was a really good vibe in the bar. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I am a Gold Elite member and am very loyal to the IHG group of hotels, however, this loyalty has now ceased after my stay at this hotel.

The girl who checked us in was very abrupt, having ignored us for a few minutes whilst looking at a piece of paper (she did glance up twice and knew we were there).
At no point was our membership status acknowledged, nor were we offered the usual choice between a complimentary drink or additional points.

We were not told anything about the dining options or where the restaurants were located, nor were we told where we could find the leisure facilities. As a result we decided to dine outside the hotel.

At 3.15am somebody tried to enter our room, waking our son and frightening him. I tried to call reception, however, the call went unanswered.

I had two further stays booked for 3rd November and 14th December but I cancelled these whilst still in the hotel due to our immense disappointment.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank fiveinourfamily2010
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hi fiveinourfamily2010,

I'm sorry for the missed opportunity to welcome you as a loyal Gold Elite. You deserve our full attention, and I'd like to look into what happened. Please respond at your earliest convenience. I just sent you a direct message.

I look forward to helping you further! Our hotel management will also be involved to ensure that this will not happen again. Thank you for putting your trust in our hotel chain!

Best,

Anna R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Just returned - it was a present for my 50th birthday weekend. When my husband initially booked a room he asked for one of their nicer suite rooms as advertised on the internet and a bottle of bubbly on arrival which he was prepared to pay for - we were on the 3rd floor and unfortunately this was not accommodated - no bottle of bubbly! Our son was with us too and he slept on a pull out camp bed - right next to the window - where there was no room to access or look out the window - just didn’t think our special weekend room was anything spectacular! however the bathroom was lovely.. We also asked for the temperature in the room to be turned up as it was cold and this was refused. The rest of the hotel was nice - we used the pool daily, friendly staff and nice breakfast. Just lacked that little something extra for a special weekend booked well in advance following research - disappointing

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mindy0968
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hello Mindy0968,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your celebration here in Stephenson. We are grateful that you chose the Crowne Plaza. Happy 50th birthday Mindy0968!

As always, we want nothing more but to provide our guests the best we can give from the moment they step in. I'm sorry that on this visit, your experience wasn't as special as what you've hoped it to be. I read that there was no bottle of bubbly when you arrived in the room, that the room was too cold, and that your son slept next to the window. I'm sorry that we came in short in making your 50th birthday a success.

We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and review these things that came up short. On a positive note, I can't help but also recognize how pleased you were with the bathroom, pool, our staff, and the breakfast. Thanks for the kind words. I certainly appreciate these, Mindy0968.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for the Great North Run weekend when the hotel would have been busier than normal. However, this didn't stop the staff providing a great service - they were all so friendly and helpful. We ate in the hotel restaurant both nights (it was so good the first night we decided just to eat there the 2nd night too) and the breakfasts were brilliant - everything you could imagine. Was a very enjoyable weekend and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed here this weekend for a hen party through the spa in the city deal which was a great treat. All of the staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Michael who went out of his way to help us. The rooms were lovely and breakfast was amazing, great coffee and all very delicious. We booked the spa in the city package which included the nights stay, breakfast, spa treatment and a food platter and cocktail. The only reason I haven't given excellent review (because the hotel really was) is due to a couple of issues we had with this package, the spa was amazing as were the treatments but no one seemed to know who was in charge of what area of the package, upon check in I asked about the drink and food platter and they advised me it would be dealt with by the spa, upon check in at the spa they told me I had to speak to the restaurant, upon check in at the restaurant they knew nothing about receiving a cocktail so I then had to go to the bar, who kind of thought they knew about it but had to go and double check. There wasn't one person who could marry it all together and I therefore had to go to each individual area to sort it all out myself, in the end we got everything we needed and the food and cocktails we received were delicious, we also received a complimentary prosecco for the issues and the staff did all they could to sort their individual bits out. Would 100 percent stay again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends