Lowest prices for your stay
US$32
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
eDreamsUS$32
TripadvisorUS$31
ZenHotels.comUS$35
All reviews tune hotel budget hotel easy hotel great location add ons no window one night taxi home wi fi air con bars and restaurants comfy bed city centre short stay tyne bridge double room would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020

It met my expectations, and my expectations were high. The shower room was very good quality and also very clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff were very good and genuinely wanted to help you with any queries.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leanne Ridley, General Manager at easyHotel Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Hello Sharpleft-Vot,

Thank you for providing such positive feedback regarding your stay with us at easyHotel Newcastle!
We’re very happy to hear we’ve met you’re expectations and that our facilities met your needs and that your were happy with the quality we provided!

Our staff at easyHotel Newcastle are always available to help from our 24/7 front desk.

We hope you choose to stay with us again shortly!

Kind regards,
Stephen

Reviewed 30 September 2020

Just had another stay at Easyhotel in Newcastle upon Tyne and this hotel never ceases to impress me with just how clean and presentable it is.

The hotel is always immaculate and I am always greeted warmly upon arrival.

Not my first stay and most definitely won't be my last.

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leanne Ridley, General Manager at easyHotel Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Hello Amazon1115,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your experience with us recently!
We're glad you were able to stay with us and enjoy your time in Newcastle despite the restrictions relating to the safety and health of the public.

We're over the moon to hear we were able to deliver a satisfactory service once again.

We hope you'll be able to stay with us once again hopefully under better circumstances!

Stephen
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 14 August 2020

the hotel cancelled me at 48 hours notice lying that there were government restrictions due to co vid
only when too late did I discover that other hotels were opened
i lost out on trip and incurred costs they dont even care

Date of stay: August 2020
Leanne Ridley, General Manager at easyHotel Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2020

Hello 195russellm,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review.

We are really sorry that you felt inconvenienced due to our closure; however, we ensure that all of our guests were given at least a 72 hours notice. As you booked via a third party company, no payment was taken for your booking from our side and your booking company had the duty to either refund you or relocate you to another hotel as I advised.

Kind Regards
Jonathan Fuamba
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2020 via mobile

I have to say this was the worse experience I have ever had and I travel a lot.

I was travelling alone, solo British BAME female. I had paid for my room and arrived at the hotel at about 10pm. They refused to let me book in as I did not have my passport with me or a drivers licence. I stated multiple times I had paid for my room, knee no one in the city and only had one night reserved. It was NOT clear booking in you needed either and I had stayed at the Easy hotel in Manchester the day before and this was not requested. I’m clearly over 18 and knew no one in the city and it was night time. Who carries their passport with them if travelling in England and your from England. They asked me to go back and get it. I’m from London and had a course the next day and it was 10pm!

They did not care and would not let me book in. I went to a lovely hotel by the station. Booked in within 5 mins and lovely stay no problems. I was lucky they were not booked (that’s there was not an event in city happening) as I frankly don’t know what I would have done and have never been in position before in my life.

I complained the response was a joke, pitiful and a disgrace. They also have a very weak complaints procedure, and no information to take a complain further and very unclear from hotel website. So I reported them to trading standards.

I based by booking on the reviews the hotel had, but I will never stay at another Easy hotel again after this experience. Frankly unsafe practice for solo female travellers. AVOID at all costs !!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank SAGaudry

Hello SAGaudry,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review.

We are sorry to see that you were unable to stay with us due to being unable to provide a photo ID on check in. Please be aware that it is not in our intentions to discriminate towards our guests; therefore, the requirement to provide a photo ID is a standard procedure across the company. This has no exception whether you are British or not as we accept all forms of a government approved ID, which is not just your passport.

Furthermore, the member of staff on duty was simply doing his job and was trying to help by providing you other alternatives to a passport. They did not mean to come across unhelpful as we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service; however, the request for a photo ID isn't just to prove that you are at the legal age to stay in our hotel, it's also there to prevent many other fraudulent activities that could occur in a public place.

Unfortunately we cannot comment on other hotels's policies ; however, rest assured that this is a standard procedure across all hotels, whether they choose to implement and enforce this or not, it is out of our hands. If is unfortunate that you failed to look at the bigger picture here and were unable to experience why we are recommended by many.

Jonathan
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2020

I was booked to stay here in April and due to Covid-19 my flight was cancelled, I paid for my accommodation and sent an email asking could I get a refund and whenever we are able to able to return we'll book again and this is the respond I got
''We will change your booking to a preliminary date of December 1st 2020 as standard which allows us to keep your booking open, during this time in between if you have any date you wish to stay please just let us know. There may be additional costs depending on the rates of the new dates and the costs of your current booking.''

I cannot return anytime this year as I have other holidays, this is absolutely disgraceful, I will never return to this hotel and I hope nobody does. Using COVID-19 to try and profit as any other time you choose it's more expensive.

This is an extremely stressful time for everyone and knowing that this hotel won't refund me because we're in a pandemic is disgusting.

Date of stay: March 2020
Leanne Ridley, General Manager at easyHotel Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2020

Hello Ciara,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

We're very sorry to hear you feel the way you do.

As explained to yourself, when you originally contacted us to cancel your booking, the UK and Ireland still had free movement available to them therefore your booking could still be honoured. As a gesture of goodwill however, for those who had booked a non-refundable and non-amendable rate, we were offering date changes for anyone who opted not to travel. You will find many hotel chains were offering the same facility.

Once it was declared by the government that the Country was to not travel and everywhere was to close, we have contacted yourself to explain your booking could be cancelled and a refund has been provided to yourself.

It's a shame you still felt the need to leave a review considering we're all experiencing unknown territory and we're all trying our best to work through and find solutions which suit all parties involved.

Leanne