All reviews tune hotel comfort package budget hotel add ons great location stayed here one night no window rooms are small dean street wi fi city centre air con bars and restaurants double bed minute walk night life
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I was in Newcastle for a show that would mean I'd miss the last train so I booked a room here. The price is low, especially considering the location. The hotel is located very close to the train station and is ideally located near the quayside where I needed to be. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. I had worried before hand about the room being like a furnace, I've experienced this in travel lodges and the like on an unfortunate number of occasions before. It was especially a worry since the room didn't have a window, however I was pleased and relieved to find the room had an excellent air conditioner. It would be nice if the wifi and such were included but sadly getting gouged for "extras" is pretty par for the course in hotels nowadays. That aside I'd recommend this place for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Make sure the room has A/C
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
easyGM, Guest Service Assistant at easyHotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello Doc22407,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at easyHotel Newcastle.

We are pleased to hear that you found us to be the ideal place to stay whilst in Newcastle and conveniently located on the Quayside for the purpose of your stay as well as the main city train station.

Our concept is super budget which means we offer a limited service for a low price however not sacrificing on the important things such as overall comfort. Our additional extras like WiFi and TV are available to add on at our 24 hour reception for a small cost, this allowing guests to tailor make their stay to what they require.

We do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Visited last night with my partner, just wanted a chill night but will not be going back.

Firstly we had to pay an extra £5 for the TV which we didn’t realise, we weren’t that bothered as it was really cheap but when we went to put the TV on all the channels needed tuning but to do that needed a password so the lad had to wait to find out the password and then it took ages to auto-tune it and by this time it was like 9pm and we just wanted to chill in our undies but obvs the man was back and forth so couldn’t do that.

Only 2 little thin pillows on a double bed which mad it uncomfortable. The sheets were nice and clean and the mattress was comfy.

The walls were filled with marks and some parts beside the bed even looked like they had blood on. Top corner of the room looked all damp.

We asked to move room but the lad explained they didn’t have rooms available as had a few out of order.

Bathroom was reasonable and the shower was nice. Crack in the sink but didn’t effect it at all.

The staff were lovely and had a good sense of humour and obviously these things were out of their hands. The lad gave us the WiFi code as we had to watch films on our phones for most of the night.

The location of the hotel is great and beside the quayside with loads of restaurants and bars.

So overall staff lovely but TV situation disappointing and walls need a good clean up.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison s
easyGM, Guest Service Assistant at easyHotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hello Alison s,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at easyHotel Newcastle.

We are firstly pleased to hear that you found us to be in a great central location on the Quayside, surrounded by bars and restaurants as well as easy access to the main city centre.

We are classed as a super budget hotel which means in order to keep our rates low we charge for extras such as TV, we are however sorry to hear you experienced issues with the TV on the night of your stay and like you mention our staff acted quickly and professionally to find a solution, this being complimentary WiFi.

We take all guests comments on board and are always looking at ways we can improve the hotel so we appreciate your feedback.

We do hope you consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I was staying in Newcastle for 3 nights for business working long hours. Needed a comfy bed and a shower at a reasonable cost. This hotel ticked those boxes. The room was basic however it was clean and comfortable. I was in a room overlooking the end of Dean St with all the noise you would expect however working late anyways this wasn’t a deal breaker for me. Personally I would have preferred free WiFi. All the staff were pleasant, knowledgeable and a credit to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hello RID95,

We are pleased to hear that you found us to be the ideal place to stay whilst visiting Newcastle for work purposes, finding the room to be clean and comfortable as well as feeling welcomed by the pleasant and knowledgeable staff.

Our concept is super budget which means in order for us to be able to offer our low low prices we offer the room only rate and then allow guests to tailor make their stay with additional extra like WiFi.

we do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

For a budget hotel I couldn’t have asked for better stay for such a reasonable price true value for money, staff in particular where exceptional Dumaz went above and beyond at all times and made us feel comfortable and welcomed! True credit to the business

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
easyGM, Guest Service Assistant at easyHotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hello Ashleigh,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

Here at easyHotel, we really do pride ourselves on providing the basics for a great night stay without the huge price tag so it is great to hear you found us really great value for money.

We really love making our guests feel at home and make your stay as enjoyable as possible, I personally am thrilled to hear I could make the difference to your stay.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Dumaz

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Staff are brilliant absolutely amazing stay couldn’t have asked for a better stay dumaz and John went above and beyond at all times and made our stay memorable making sure our every needs were met definitely be back and recommend 100%

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us here at easyHotel Newcastle,

We are thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, we really do try to go out of our way to ensure our guests always feel welcomed at all times, helping with whatever query you may have.
Both myself and Dumaz are pleased to see that we made your stay worthwhile and as always, we look forward to seeing you stay with us in the future.

Kind Regards,