“Excellent Food & Wonderful Service”
Review of Mascalzone

Mascalzone
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pizza , Sardinian Tapas ,pasta , lasagne , seafood Salads , Breakfast Menu , Cakes ,Croissants , Deli , Sandwiches , Coffees , Teas , Wines and Beers
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent a lovely evening in Mascalzone with the family after being recommended by a friend. This recommendation was more than warranted. The restaurant has a comfortable, inviting ambiance that compliments the stellar service and inevitably delicious meal (delivered very promptly too!) Our wait staff was accommodating, flexible and kind throughout the night and even called a taxi for us after we were finished. Highly recommended and a guaranteed lovely evening.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank rorymR9938MY
Write a reviewReviews (727)

Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Late lunch snack sitting outside.
Great venue
Fabulous staff
Great coffee
Today I had a snack of deep fried squid rings

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank John Edward J
Reviewed 4 August 2021

What a fantastic find. Food was absolutely delicious. Service was first class.. we didn't have to wait any more than a few minutes between courses. Definitely the best Italian meal we've had in a long time. Couldn't recommend it enough. Staff were very friendly and chef took time to chat with us. Next time we're in Newcastle we'll be back here. We loved it!

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank Colette G
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

Took my grandson out for an early evening meal
Sat outside in the sun
Food as always was excellent
Service was good
Priced aok

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

I popped in on my dinner break as I love Italian food and was asked what I wanted, I said something nice and hot, I was promptly redirected to a sandwich shop at the other end of the street, I didn't want a sandwich I wanted something like a lasagne to sit down and eat. I felt quite foolish.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Michael A
Mascalzone D, Owner at Mascalzone, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

Dear Michael,

Your were informed that we do not serve food before 12pm.
You could have waited, if you wanted something nice and hot like a lasagna.
We were only trying to help, as we do not have any interest in turning away customers.

Kind Regards