“Super duper little restaurant”
Review of Mascalzone

Mascalzone
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pizza , Sardinian Tapas ,pasta , lasagne , seafood Salads , Breakfast Menu , Cakes ,Croissants , Deli , Sandwiches , Coffees , Teas , Wines and Beers
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Steven, my discerning cousin, enjoys good food. We enjoy good food. So on his recommendation, we visited Mascalzone for my husband's birthday lunch. We were treated to excellent,quality food, professional, welcoming, friendly service and a first class dining experience. Thank you Ian, we wish you every success. It was lovely to chat to you, Sylvia and Deborah.
We will return with friends soon.

1  Thank Hannah031

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had heard of some good experiences at this unassuming restaurant so decided to give it a go. Due to popularity mascalzone have introduced a second sitting so I knew it must be good. I wasn't disappointed! The range of food was good, pricing just right and the quality and taste was very good indeed. I'm so impressed that it will be my next Italian style booking. Very friendly staff and a cosy atmosphere. It isn't a big venue but that makes it all the more quaint and I felt very relaxed too. A must if you are looking for good food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We booked to have dinner for my sister’s hen meal at peak time on a Saturday. The restaurant certainly did not disappoint. The food was incredible and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant is small, but this just added to the wonderful atmosphere. Every member of our party spoke about how delicious their meals were and the prices were
very reasonable. I would definitely look to return here in the future. Well worth a visit!

1  Thank cjamison83
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We have heard great reviews about this place and it most certainly lived up to them, and best of all it’s on our street! Will definitely return

1  Thank Liam W
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went with our large family for a meal early evening, 6pm booking. We had the table for two hours which was just about fine. We weren’t hurried out for the second sitting, just politely reminded.

Would have been five stars if there was more veggie choice. And the spinach and ricotta pasta and the lasagne was not great, bit disappointing.

Also the tapas staters were a bit...well non veggie again, and also the cold roasted veg was very very cold. Cold aubergine isn’t the best.

Not sure about the Isle or Lewis connection with the food other than one main course mention. And of course the lovely Isle of Lewis gin.

Was great service though and apart from those little niggles everything was okay.

1  Thank Annie N